Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

electric window conversion?

Options
  • 02-06-2007 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

hi i was wondering does anyone know where i can get my hands on a kit that converts wind up windows to electric ones and someone to fit it, iv gotten prices of 350 - 550 and it seems really dear for something so small.
    its for a 98 3dr civic (96-00 model)
    any help would be great, thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

if they were an option on the original car then it might be easier/cheaper to just buy secondhand doors at a dismantlers along with the relays / electronic module

don't forget if you have a problem with the windows opening/closing you will fail the NCT (so hang on to the old doors ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Maplin used to do them in Ireland, but have discontinued them lately, try Maplins in the UK, I seem to remember them being under 100 euros. Fitting may be a pain, and would be quite time consuming,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

you can get them on ebay., heres one
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/Electric-window-conversion-kit-3-switches_W0QQitemZ140127586208QQihZ004QQcategoryZ72221QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

you should be able to find a cheaper kit that that though.,

Advertisement