Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Req: Wanted good deal for a VOIP adapter/router/ATA

• 02-06-2007 5:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I am looking for a deal for a good voip adapter or voip router or voip ATA device in the market with some QoS for limiting some bandwidth for the voip calls.

Not sure if there are any models with QoS for good price
    any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Not sure about the QoS but this one's reasonably priced and good quality, €67.26 including delivery with Dabs: http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4HDR&CategorySelectedId=11178&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11178 or €75 including €15 call credit, free 076 phone number and delivery with Smart (you don't have to be with Smart broadband): http://www1.smart076.ie/offer.htm you also get free XPro VOIP software to use on your PC.

Update: This Linksys ATA is available on eBay for $50 or less, however many of them are locked to the Vonage service in the US. The one available from Smart is not locked to the Smart service, but does come preconfigured with your registration details, new Smart number and their VOIP settings; but these can easily be changed (so can the settings in the free XPro VOIP software)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I've been using this Zoom modem/Router/ATA for over a year now and am very happy with it, it has the QoS facility that you are looking for. I've been using it with VoIPcheap. Zoom have a similar model that is a wireless router although Digidave don't seem to offer it.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

thanks guys for the reply.
    zoom one is €110+ bit expensive for my budget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

TBH you would probably be a long time recovering the cost of an ATA is savings when compared to using www.call13434.ie ;)

invest4deepvalue.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Do-more wrote:
    TBH you would probably be a long time recovering the cost of an ATA is savings when compared to using www.call13434.ie ;)

True if you're keeping your landline. But if your using VoIP with a wireless internet provider and get rid of your landline you'll recover the costs of the ATA in about 3 -> 4 months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

True if you're keeping your landline. But if your using VoIP with a wireless internet provider and get rid of your landline you'll recover the costs of the ATA in about 3 -> 4 months.

Assuming your net connection can handle it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

i dont have a landline. i use ice broadband with 3MB speed.
    hence the sound quality is good
    any suggestions for a deal for voip router?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cke

Dont bother buying a router with a voip or ata built in I bought the linksys one a year ago and the voip functionality stopped working after 3 months. Rang linksys and its a known problem way too much hassle to return to them so I kept it as a normal router and bought an ata to connect to it. The best value one I found and it works prefectly is on digi daves uk site (some reason they dont show it on the irish site).link
    I think routers with voip built in are way too expensive this way I can upgrade my router without having to worry about the voip.
    BTW I'm signed up to blueface and its great for voip v good quality calls.

Advertisement