Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Command and Conquer 3

Options
  • 02-06-2007 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, im having big problems with command and conquer 3 tiberium wars and i hope youse can help

My setup

Amd Athlon x2 5000+ Dual core processor
    Windows xp media center 2005
    Dell 2007 wfp - 20 inch monitor - connected by dvi
    Ati 256mb x1300 graphics card

The problem - the game loads without any problems and i get very good performance. However for some reason the game keeps freezing, my screen says its going into power save mode and im taking back to my desktop screen. Generally i can reload the game straight away, but it keeps happening every few minutes. In addition, when im forced to end the game in task manager, the screen stays stuck in the lower screen resolution that was set for the game - when im not playing the game its set at 1680x1050 at 60hertz....

Stuff i tried:

1. i have disabled power saving mode on the pc and set everything to always on, turned off screensaver etc

2. i have updated to the latest driver on the x1300 card but it hasnt fixed the problem

Anyone got any ideas.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

You should post this over in the C&C fourm you might get a better reply.. Does anything like this happen with other games?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Install the AMD dual core CPU driver this is an actual fix for XP that corrects problems applications have with a multi-core CPU.

Next item to try is make sure the system RAM is okay and test with Memtest+

As DeafVision pointed out do any other games or even 3DMark on a loop cause this to happen ?

Have you patched the game to the latest version which is 1.05 you can only get it through the games built in auto-update though 1.04 is publicly available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Sounds like his pc is over heating to me. Open the side of your case and try playing c&c3. Also look at the fans in the pc. Are they caked in dust? if so clean them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Graphics card overheating is a pretty common thing to cause screen to go black and go into power save mode.

While you play open up your ATI control panel and go the "Overdrive" tab, where it has temperature details. After playing C&C for an hour, tab back out to that page (make sure you've kept it open so that it's ready and waiting for you) and see what temperature your card is running at.

My old 6800GT in the spare PC does this aswell, even though it's not overheating. The problem started when it's cooler was let get really dusty and it was toasting for a couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

thanks for the replys, having some major problems with the pc and hoping to get that sorted 2moro. In terms of the problem i stated, is there a way to fix this overheating? - is it dells fault that they have underspecked the pc, fans etc?......

• Advertisement
Advertisement