Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Petition -

Options
  • 02-06-2007 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

HI

Why do have to repeat the exams next year? I am , what if im sick? What if i dont do as well as i should for some unforeseen circumstances??

Thers a petition going around for the Leaving cert to have an optional repeat exams..and not 12 months later.. spread the word
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/LC2007/

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Honestly, your time would be better spent studying or going out with your gf/bf.
    Getting a second sitting of the exams (which is not at all a new idea) would take a lot more than a Ministerial decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 leo1526

hi
    thank you for reply...believe me... i not wasting my time.. i have a connection in the Dept. and the only thing thats stopping this idea to go forward is not enough support from the Student Body!!

Its up to you if you dont want to support it the petition.

thanks for looking hun

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

leo1526 wrote:
    hi
    thank you for reply...believe me... i not wasting my time.. i have a connection in the Dept. and the only thing thats stopping this idea to go forward is not enough support from the Student Body!!

Its up to you if you dont want to support it the petition.

thanks for looking hun

Do your Department connections extend to the Department of Finance who will have to fund this, to the schools who will have to close classes to run the second set of exams, to the teacher unions who will have to agree, to the teachers who will have to stop teaching to correct them?

For what it's worth, I agree there should be a second sitting, but your petition is a waste of time.

I'm not your 'hun'.

hun .. your such a pessimist .. i wish you all the best in the exams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

leo1526 wrote:
    Lets have a second sitting of exams blah blah blah

Yeah! Fight the powah!

Guys ... were not here to discuss the "impossibilities" , we're not here to worry about the cost, we're not here to complain..

we just want our voices heard ... its a free petition, no catches.. no debates ... just an OPTIONAL petition for all students..

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/LC2007/

leo1526 wrote:
    Guys (lets fight the powah!)... were not here to discuss the "impossibilities" , we're not here to worry about the cost, we're not here to complain..and yet some more blah blah blah blah.

Now, you've mentioned that petition enough for one day. So take you bag and baggage and fcuk off away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I absolutely despise the current system among many others, but this petition probably will not work unless you happen to know very
    important people.

Look at the state of the current system, change is hardly on the way following lobbying by IBEC etc, where the same headlines appear every year
    promising change.....but nothing positive comes from all this chit chat.
    Believe me, not much is going to change the format anytime soon considering the bastards who set this format have left it unchanged from 1924.

The Department of Education is operating in the stone age unfortunately;/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Pfft.

Down with grade inflation.

• Advertisement

CSON = Paul Casey = has a small dick

Damn! Thats exactly how I like my whoppers.....flame grilled!

Edit: Are you the one I met in Cuba last sat nite? Damn, they always say a false name is the best form of protection, I'll remember it for the next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭KarmaCreep

Oops! I'm after putting my name down 3 times. Didn't realise i signed the damn thing. Ah well, let's just say I have multipal personality syndrome.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Lots of people do the leaving cert in hospital..

I can understand this for the orals, but they already have a system in place for that, if you're sick you sit it a month or two later instead.

If you have a cold or something I think you'd still be grand to sit the exams?

Just not sure it would be worth the effort/cost involved really..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Pfft. And I mean pfft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

leo banned for insults and multiple OT posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 chas_88

remember the hassle there was when mary hanafin tried to move english and irish paper one to early may? since something as small as that was such a problem, autumn repeats are never going to happen. good idea, but impossible to implement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Well theres no harm supporting it if you think its a good idea, its not going to kill you. I mean i personally think it wont work but theres no point not giving it a go.

Unfeasible and wholly outrageous. You'd be waiting a year anyway, no way you would get into college in the same academic year, the CAO wouldn't stand for it for one. Not gonna happen anyway.

Advertisement