Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

X-Trail or X Trail???

Options
  • 02-06-2007 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Help!!

I know I wan't an X Trail but I can't decide on whether to get

- a '02, 2 litre petrol sport with 49k on the clock for 15,000 euros or

- a '03 2.2 DCL diesel Sport with 37k on the clock for 20,000 euros

Both are clean examples but the 03 model is in better nick and better colour (black).

I have test driven both and the diesel was surprisingly good, but is it worth an extra 5 grand? I will be doing around 10k miles a year tops.

I like the 03 model best but trying to justify the extra 5k is tough.

Any ideas anyone??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

definately diesel. much better than a petrol, and should hold a few grand extra than the petrol second hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Dazzler

Thanks for the reply Colm_mcm,

I take your point re resale value, I just need some reassurance!

I am a diesel virgin, and not sure about the whole thing. The car salesmen all seemed to think that the diesel was better in a 4x4, but they would say that with a diesel 4x4 for sale in the forecourt!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

How many petrol Jeeps do you see for sale second hand (Mid Range that is)?

If I were you I would go diesel.The new diesels are surprisingly quiet and powerful. A few guys in the diving club that I am a member have diesel ones and have great praise for them

• Registered Users Posts: 51,218 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you can afford the diesel then go for it, added bonus of better resale and it's a year younger.

Also note that there is a new X-Trail arriving very shortly so used prices of the existing model will drop a bit. Might be worth waiting on a little.

New 2007 X-Trail:
    [URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_218409_5.jpg[/URL]

[URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_218404_5.jpg[/URL]

Not much different to the current one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I heard of a guy in work that was trying to sell his petrol XTrail for over 6 months....don't know if he still has it but that would put me off buying the petrol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Dazzler

Thanks for the replys and pics lads.

Definitely going to go for the diesel now. Very reassuring to see that the new model is very similar to the current one.

Anyway my wife loves it, so decision made then!!

I will call the dealer on Tues @ 9.01 am!

Advertisement