Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone International Webtexts

• 02-06-2007 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Apologies if this has already been discussed here....

A friend of mine cant sent international messages on Vodafone webtext anymore.
    Have vodafone removed the possibility of sending international texts via webtext?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

never knew u could send int. texts on vodafone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

never knew u could send int. texts on vodafone!
    As he says, I've never known this to be possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Timmins

o2 is the only irish provider who provide international webtexts. Your friend is complaining of having a service removed that was never actually there, i'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Can't send any texts at the moment, the site is down for me, anyone else got trouble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Timmins wrote:
    o2 is the only irish provider who provide international webtexts. Your friend is complaining of having a service removed that was never actually there, i'm afraid.
    I sent texts to my sister in Dubrovnik from the Vodafone site at the weekend; I've also used it to text my boyfriend when he was in England. It definitely does work.

OP: If your friend used to be able to send the international texts but isn't now, then tell them to contact Vodafone customer care - the contact details are on the site and they should be able to help (I'd post the details but the site isn't working properly at the moment... see below!)
    Fabritzo wrote:
    Can't send any texts at the moment, the site is down for me, anyone else got trouble?
    The site seems to be back up but I can't log in and it won't navigate to any of the pages for me. Vaguely headwrecking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Site seems to be down here too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Laika wrote:
    I sent texts to my sister in Dubrovnik from the Vodafone site at the weekend; I've also used it to text my boyfriend when he was in England. It definitely does work.

That is very strange... Officially Vodafone does not offer web texts internationally the last three days anyway.. I tried it about a year ago and it did not even let you type more than 08x xxx xx xx digits, so it was impossible to type 00 and country codes and stuff. What networks are your sister and your bf on?

Are you sure that your sister wasn't just roaming abroad? The Vodafone website will let you text an Irish number that's abroad ..

ciaranfo wrote:
    Are you sure that your sister wasn't just roaming abroad? The Vodafone website will let you text an Irish number that's abroad ..
    :o Wow, I'm feeling stupid right now...! Sorry OP, I was sending texts to a Vodafone and an O2 number from the website, not to actual international numbers.

I'll close the door on my way out...

I call for instant banning! :D;)

• Advertisement

ciaranfo wrote:
    I call for instant banning! :D;)
    Quiet you! :D

Advertisement