Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Wii memory.....

Options
  • 02-06-2007 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

When playing GameCube games on the Wii, when saving ur progress do u need one of those Nintendo Wii SD memory cards, or will a generic SD card do ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

yup

Any SD card should work.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

If you're saving a Gamecube game on a Wii you'll need a Gamecube memory card.

Anything else can be saved on an SD card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Note that you don't actually need an SD card. The Wii has 512MB of built in flash ram to save game data to. I don't even think you're able to save to SD from within a game, but you CAN backup your save games onto SD and take them to someone else's house or whatever.

I've used an A-DATA, a PNY and a SanDisk SD card in it, and they were all read fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Rockshandy

magick wrote:
    When playing GameCube games on the Wii, when saving ur progress do u need one of those Nintendo Wii SD memory cards, or will a generic SD card do ?

this is how i understand it.

Wii game - use internal memory, or an SD card
    Gamecube game - Can ONLY be saved on a gamecube memory card.

i may be wrong however... anyone care to back me up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

you will have to use a gsmecube memory card for gamecube games :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement