Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound....sounds weird

Options
  • 03-06-2007 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

I built a machine just today and all is going well except that the sound is somewhat echo-ish....songs sound distorted, not terribly but noticable. Any ideas what it is? It's a soundblaster pci card...tried reinstalling but same.

Also is there anyway of telling what goes where regarding power, rest, leds etc. It's an ECS rc410-m mobo from a packard bell but the manual online doesn't refer to my one, as its slightly different, obviously PB had their own exclusive version for which I can't find any documentation. Through fiddling and reading my neo-f manual the machine works fine with usb, it powers up and the reset button works but i can't get the hdd or power led to work. No big deal but was wondering other then randomly fiddling is there anyway to tell without being able to find any manual...

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Packard Bell have a semi decent support site if you can locate the model number or any other type of ID on the board you might find it on their site along with the pin outs.

Could it be the sound card is dodgy is onboard sound if present okay ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

try a different pci slot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Do you have surround sound speakers? Does the music kinda dip in and out from being loud to quiet and back to loud again aswell as being echo-ish?

Ive a creative x-fi and logitech Z5500's and I find it dips.. probably not the same but I said I bring it up...?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

In Creative's Audigy 2 vista drivers the default settings in the driver makes everything sound absolutely sh1te, so you have to go and modify the settings yourself. Maybe they're doing this for other releases now as well?

Advertisement