Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidias next flagship card

Options
  • 03-06-2007 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Is going to be the 9800 lol, graphics goes full circle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Yeah that will be a little odd though I really wonder if they will introduce GeForce 9 in end of this year as the GeForce 8 is still so new I thought they would have at least introduced an 8900GTX.

Also what happens after GF9, GF10 so we will have a 10800GTX doesn't sound right at all I think NVIDIA might go for a name change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

i like the sound of the ten eight hundred gtx :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Doesn't exactly roll of the tongue does it :)

They did consider at one point changing the name after the first GeForce, one of the candidates was Eclipse which I thought sounded rather good though the opportunity for jokes if a competitor wound up faster probably scared em off.

Unless NV go nuts and start calling them 18000GTX cards but even that sounds off, both camps have settled on 4 numbers to designate the card & I cant see that changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

8T8 wrote:
    Doesn't exactly roll of the tongue does it :)

They did consider at one point changing the name after the first GeForce, one of the candidates was Eclipse which I thought sounded rather good though the opportunity for jokes if a competitor wound up faster probably scared em off.

Unless NV go nuts and start calling them 18000GTX cards but even that sounds off, both camps have settled on 4 numbers to designate the card & I cant see that changing.

Maybe they could start quoting 18KGTX... gotta keep the numbers under control. Sigh! Hope they get the power consumption down a bit for laptops in the short/medium term. That would an upgrade in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I thought they just brought out the 8800 Ultra? lol

"we pwn ATI"GTX ftw lol

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
Advertisement