Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SOLD: Cunninghams Fast Food Restaurant, Tramore

Options
  • 03-06-2007 1:24am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

A lot of people will know Tramore's "famous chipper" Cunninghams - a very popular family run chipper on Main Street in Tramore. I do believe it was even voted one of the best chippers in the Waterford area. Its been around many years, and while some people complain in recent years prices have gone up and quality (even quantity!) has gone down - it still is very popular and draws in the crowds.

Well its been rumoured for some time that the take away chain "Tony's" (operating in Tramore, Waterford and Dungarvan at least) has purchased the chipper from them. This was always denied by staff, until tonight. A staff member was told from owner/manager that indeed it is sold as of Monday to the Tony's Chain and will be taken over mid June.

Tony's already have a chipper only down the road, as they bought out the chipper "Nicky's". Tony's is family run also (Italians I believe) and there food is grand - but some would say its not as nice as Cunninghams anyway.

So, it seems the famous chipper has been bought out and will see many changes in the near future. Good or bad, its official. The only staff that have been confirmed to be re-hired are the few Polish. The remaining staff will find out later if they have their jobs secure.

Just thought ye might like to know! I wonder whats in store?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 the boy

The best chipper in Tramore was sold I can't believe!

I'v been told that Tony's is leased by some couple(close friends of Tony) since March,so the new owner of Cunninghams won't be monopolist in Tramore.
    By the way the chips in Tonys is not bad,even the last time my mum got a free garlic with her pizza:D ,so what's the point then to spend my money in some chipper "called" Cunninghams with no Cunninghams family member in there:confused:

So what left ,Tonys and Dooleys

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ah it used to be "the best" but it aint no more!

I thought the current Tony's was bought out by a chap, who apparently owns 20+ chippers in Ireland?

Advertisement