Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on new qwerty device

• 03-06-2007 1:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Looking to get a new phone on o2 preferably. Needs to have a qwerty keyboard... support for some sort of push email. Wifi would be a nice addition.

Any suggestions based on whats currently available/coming soon?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

If you don't mind the size, then the Nokia 9300i communicator sounds like it has everything you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Are you looking for Symbian or windows Mobile phone.

I don't know if they are on O2 but I'd recommend

HTC S710 (Not sure if it's fully released)
    HTC S620
    These are both WM SmartPhones with QWERTY keyboards

HTC TyTn (WM PDA)

for Symbian the only one I know is the E61 or something like the communicator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Blackberry 8800
    XDA mini S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Nokia E61i ?

pm me if you're after a good price on a sim free one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Wait for next quarter and get a sony ericsson p1 :) if anyone would like to buy an m600 in good nick when the p1 comes out........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Akula

The P1 does look lovely. The only thing I'd hate about it would be what looks like an awful keyboard. How do you find the keyboard on the M600?

Any idea as to when we might see the P1 being released?

I have an M600. The keyboard is grand after a few minutes practice,very intuitive. You wont have any trouble with it..Its a great phone but I will be trading it in for a P1 when it comes out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

beyond 3rd quarter i know nothing of the release date for the p1.

The keyboard is good on the m600, each key rocks to either the left of the right and its quite easy to use, no matter how fat your fingers are. my sister uses her nails to type with it and got confused as to how i might use it and when i showed her she thought it was way easy.

Advertisement