Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England in trouble

• 03-06-2007 2:34am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

European Championship Qualifying : Group E Table
    02 June 2007 21:21
    P W D L F A GD PTS
    1 Croatia 6 5 1 0 16 4 12 16
    2 Israel 7 4 2 1 15 7 8 14
    3 Russia 6 4 2 0 11 1 10 14
    4 England 6 3 2 1 9 2 7 11
    5 FYR Macedonia 7 2 1 4 6 7 -1 7
    6 Estonia 6 0 0 6 0 11 -11 0
    7 Andorra 6 0 0 6 1 26 -25 0

Speaks for itself. Right now id back England not to qaulify. Now were have we seen Isreal and Russia before?:rolleyes: Oh and Croatia too with the mysterious 5 mins extra time;)

Any thoughts on Englands prediciment?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

they have 6 matches left. they can qualify

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

evad_lhorg wrote:
    they have 6 matches left. they can qualify

If they draw or lose one more they may be calling it a day tbh.

Those 3 top teams are actually strong teams but no-one realises it yet! (actually the Irish do!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

What is it about england that they have 'the best league in the world' but their players (like us) can't string more than two passes together?

Nearly all the players are class when they play for their clubs but when they put on the england shirt they turn into somethingawful.com. Even against crap teams they can't play decent football.

Is it the management telling them to play a more direct game or what? If england attempted to play quick attacking football they would do a lot better imo, I just don't understand what the problem is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

What is it about england that they have 'the best league in the world' but their players (like us) can't string more than two passes together?

Nearly all the players are class when they play for their clubs but when they put on the england shirt they turn into somethingawful.com. Even against crap teams they can't play decent football.

Is it the management telling them to play a more direct game or what? If england attempted to play quick attacking football they would do a lot better imo, I just don't understand what the problem is.

its becuase they have a crap manager. look at ireland over the last number of years for evidence....

players dont become crap when they put on a different shirt. players become headless when they are asked to play in different positions and different formations, with players who they are not used to.

although, for 100 grand a week, youd think they would be able to, wouldnt you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The table doesn't really give a true reflection of things. England still have to do the work but they do have the bonus of the 3 above them still having to have to come to Wembley.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Fairly sure if you made up a best prem 11 there be more foreigners in it than english players.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

They'll qualify , might even get first aswell .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

4 out of 11 of the PFA team of the year were English, Neville, Rio, Gerrard, and Scholes.

I think if they don't qualify it'll be hilarious, McClaren will be the biggest failure for a long long time, and everybody will laugh at the FA's ineptitude at picking managers.
    Is there any doubt in anyone's mind that if Big Phil was in charge, they'd be top of the group easily?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bit early to be dancing on graves I think.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

They'll qualify, they always do :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Slurms wrote:
    They'll qualify, they always do :(

tell that to graham taylor...

the image of bergkamp single handedly destroying england that time is etched in my head. he was awesome that night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

i think England were really hoping that someone ahead of them would mess up yesterday. If the beat Estonia on wed they will still only be joint 3rd having played a game more than Russia and Croatia. I think they will get 2nd ATM but they still have not competitivley played well since well before the world cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

tbh i think it will be touch and go but england will just about qualify

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

england need to drop lampard for hargreeves to make sure of qualifaction

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

england need to drop lampard for hargreeves to make sure of qualifaction

when hargreaves is fit, many people expect that to be exactley what will happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

England are in even more trouble than those standings suggest. They have already got their 6 gimme points from Andorra. Israel, Russia and Croatia still have 3 of their 6 banker points to get yet.

Advertisement