Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRISH paper two predictions

Options
  • 03-06-2007 8:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

for the pros im thinkin an bhean og(prob Q on the woman),clare sa speir(Mayb clare as a character or else some general theme) defo coz it the first film ever on the course and its only the second year and its easy to bull**** bull**** and hopefully lig sin i gcathu(****e story but prob some general theme).cearrbhach came up last year as compulsory co it prob wont appear dere again.

Poetry: A man and a women poet came up last year.if you eliminate them two poets your left with three women and three men.im gonna o the three women really well especially da bfheidir aras dar gcuman bcoz dat women appeared on the stair na gaeilge section last yr and ive a feelin the other women willl apper in the history section.oh and il prob just read over urchchreagan too.
    im gonna do jack and faoimseamh a gheodsa reallly well too they will defo be up dis year.

An Trial:General thehe learnt then u can bull****....and characters
    fOR PAPER ONE IM BANKING ON AN OPEN STORY AND ROAD DEATHS.
    AM I CRAZY????????????????????????????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭blondie07

yah, i definately think lig sinn i gcathu will be up. For OL poetry im leaving out nil aon ni. for HL Poetry im only doing uirchill an chreagain, oiche nollaig na mban and dan de mhelissa, crazy i know, but i only want to pass paper 2 and iv already done the OL Poetry, Pros and Stair. however, i do like ur observation about examining a man and woman. maybe i should just do all the male poets to be safe. oh, grrr, now iv to go downstairs and get my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

Well, Lig Sinn i gCathú and An Bhean Óg are both rather important this year, not so sure about Clare sa Spéir...

As for An Fhilíocht, Jack, Faoiseamh and Gealt would all seem vital to me....

As for Stair, I'd be focusing on An Fhiannaíocht, an Ruraíocht, Máirtín Ó Díreáin, Seán Ó Ríordáin, and know tréithe na haislinge for the Poetry section, even if it won't be needed for Stair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭innocenteyesuk

An Bhean Og and Lig Sin gCathu and Fiche Blian Ag Fas are good possibilities.

Faoiseamh, Jack and Gealt or Bimse for the pass poem and I have a feeling Maigdilena, An Mhathair, Dan Do Mhelissa and Urchill An Chreagain would be good to revise.

As for Stair here is a list:
    Ruríocht
    Gaeltacht Regions
    Dan Grá/Direach
    Annála
    Scoileanna na Bard
    Martin O'Direan
    Sean O'Riardan
    Maire Mac an tSaoi
    Mairead Ni Ghrada
    Douglas Di hIde
    Peig Sayers

It would just be our luck and Urchill and Melissa would come up. I would love for An Mhathair and Maigdileana to come up.

I'd look over the other two but I honestly doubt they will come up, but then again...

If An Chead Drama or an tOilean come up again, there is something wrong with the world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I am only studying cearrbach, fiche and claire sa speir, should I be alright?

I am only studying cearrbach, fiche and claire sa speir, should I be alright?

Not a single one of those are in any way likely, and I personally find two of them harder than the others...

A safer bet would be to give precedence to An Bhean Óg and Lig Sinn i gCathú, in my opinion... Time will tell, though...

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Would it change you're rather pesimistic view if I told you I am in pass.
    However I thankyou for your wishing of luck

Would it change you're rather pesimistic view if I told you I am in pass.
    However I thankyou for your wishing of luck

Sigh, I'm not going to apologise for my "pessimism" as you should inaptly put it; it's a fairly good guess as to what will come up on the LC Higher paper. You might have added you weren't doing that paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mongo19

doing -uirchilll
    maighdileana
    dan do mhelissa
    oiche nollaig

jack, faoiseamh and buaim

coileach ghleann
    clare sa speir

should i be fixed 4 paper 2 with the aformentioned poems + stories

mongo19 wrote:
    doing -uirchilll
    maighdileana
    dan do mhelissa
    oiche nollaig

jack, faoiseamh and buaim

coileach ghleann
    clare sa speir

should i be fixed 4 paper 2 with the aformentioned poems + stories

Yeah, im doing the exact same poems as u, 3 of the guy poets and dan de mhelissa cuz i just have a funny feeling bout it. same OL but i had a quick look over gealt too. but im def doing lig sinn i gcathu as well as an bhean og

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭me2gud4u

i wud almost bet my life that uircheall an chreagáin will come up and that the question will be on tréithe na haislinge sa dán sin.

• Advertisement

There's going to be an awful lot of disappointed people if uirchill doesnt come up, myself included! thats the first thing il be checking wen i get the paper and itl either be :D:D:D or :mad: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭innocenteyesuk

If Urchill doesn't come up I'll scream out loud with joy!

I refuse to study it cos I don't understand it so I'm studying everything else.

Is anyone else thinking that its ok to say a female and a male will come up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭maggie18x

If Urchill doesn't come up I'll scream out loud with joy!

I refuse to study it cos I don't understand it so I'm studying everything else.

Is anyone else thinking that its ok to say a female and a male will come up?
    yeah i hope so im doin the 3 temale ones really well anyway.ill have a fit if dey dont.....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭adamcp

What's everyone thinking for an trial?

adamcp wrote:
    What's everyone thinking for an trial?

prob a charachter question will be up coz one comes up most yrs but it didnt come up last yr!! if you kno the general gist of the play with one or two quotes youll be grand just bull**** on about the story and just keep refering back to the question.sin e!!:D ;);):p:) :rolleyes: :o :mad: :( :eek: :cool: :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭adamcp

maggie18x wrote:
    prob a charachter question will be up coz one comes up most yrs but it didnt come up last yr!! if you kno the general gist of the play with one or two quotes youll be grand just bull**** on about the story and just keep refering back to the question.sin e!!:D ;);):p:) :rolleyes: :o :mad: :( :eek: :cool: :confused:

Thanks:D ;);), damn image limit, can't include them all (insert roll eyes here)

And what's everything thinking for stair na gaeilge, not sure if I wanna learn all 13 or 14 topics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

maggie18x wrote:
    hopefully lig sin i gcathu(****e story but prob some general theme).

Oh no you didn't.

Lig Sin i gCathú is the best thing in the prose section by a long way.

I heard a lot of people talking about Úirchill an Chreagáin.

adamcp wrote:
    Thanks:D ;);), damn image limit, can't include them all (insert roll eyes here)

And what's everything thinking for stair na gaeilge, not sure if I wanna learn all 13 or 14 topics

learn the irish women in the back of your fiuntas2 book coz if u look at past papers two or three come up every year ans deres only around six to learn so dats 15marks in the bag hopefull!also i think either an rurioacht or the fhiannaiocht coz dey came up every year except the last two yrs.also i think meath sa naoi haois deag will make an appearence.:D ;):p:o :rolleyes: :) :mad: :( :eek: :cool: :confused:

Advertisement