Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garages that buy cars for cash

Options
  • 03-06-2007 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

Does anyone know of any garages that buy cars for cash. I have a Lexus Soarer 4.0 ltr which is still UK registered . It drives but has been on my drive now for a few years apart from the odd drive around to keep it going. I need to get it shifted and jsut want about €1000 for it to get it shifted so the wife does not kill me.

I have been trying to find garages that buy cars for cash but not found any yet.
    Alos got a BMW 528i 1996 for sale but no luck selling it for 6 months. Up on carzone and buy and sell. Need to get rid of both so was hoping could offload to a garage somewhere to clear space quickly.

Anybody got any ideas? any help greatly appreciated as my good lady wants to fir her own car on the drive sometime soon and unless I get rid of these I cant get myself a jeep!

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You often see adverts in the Herald for people wanting cars for cash but I suspect that they would want small to medium sized cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dazman34

thats true. Also have an Audi A8 2001 which I am going to sell. Trying to get rid of my cars and get an older 4x4. Was thinking of trying that in carzone etc for a while then failing that trying to sell that one to a garage for cash. More likely to sell the audi to ag arage for cash than the others I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not much market for large engined cars in Ireland which is probably why they are difficult to shift. I would imagine the BMW and Audi would be the easiest of the bunch to move. The Lexus may probably be more attractive to someone looking to break it for parts.

Try putting them up on www.adverts.ie

As a last resort try selling them at an auction but you will not get much for them there if they don't meet your reserve or after the auction house's commission. A good way to just get shot of them however.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I've always wanted a Lexus Soarer, just for the hell of it, but as I'm in the process of buying another car, I can't buy yours. Good luck with it though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

man, greenpeace would kill ya:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 carterhonda

hi may have answer to your plight!have 01 jeep may swap for beemer and soarer,or will buy the soarer straight if you still have it!!!!
    please return answer anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 richie6

no selling of cars here, read the charter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement