Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

difference equations proof, in math

• 03-06-2007 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

just goin over the proofs there now, and i have a list of all the proofs we need to know, but i wanted to do them going by the wording of the questions in the exam papers, so i went searching, got a question wit all the others accept this, well i did, in the 1994 paper. do we have to know this considering the syllabus changed in 1997 and since it hasn't been asked, or is it that they just havnt asked it yet!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

The syllabus did not change in 1997. For the umpteenth time in this forum: 1994 was the 1st exam on the present syllabus.

I suggest you use the version of the theorem as it's stated in the syllabus. (Mind you, you should be able to cope with changing the letters too.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭insane drummer

ooh the proofs not the problem. i can handle that, i was just wondering if it was on the syllabus! ooh sorry, examinations.ie said it changed in 97, well at least i thought it said that :D thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 chas_88

ooh the proofs not the problem. i can handle that, i was just wondering if it was on the syllabus! ooh sorry, examinations.ie said it changed in 97, well at least i thought it said that :D thank you!

that's a mistake on examinations.ie, it does say 1997, but it changed in 1994. that's why most books of exam papers go back to 1994, they'd hardly put exam papers from an old syllabus into them.

Advertisement