Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPU Cooler and OS

Options
  • 03-06-2007 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi me again

thinking of upgrading to this MB with E6600

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=331973

I have an EVO Blue Cooler not sure if it will fit onto this board, because of mb heatsinks does anyone know ?

Second question is,

will my OS still work, it was OEM from Fujitsu, but now I will have changed all of the components ?!

thanks

W

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

There is a good deal of clearance around the socket (I have the same board with a Tuniq Tower 120) so there shouldn't be a problem.

The possible re-activation isn't a problem all you tell them is the motherboard broke and it was replaced & they will activate it.

The trickier part is keeping the existing OS in place without formatting which is I assume what you want. To do that you must remove all drivers in the OS and change the IDE/SATA controllers drivers to the standard dual channel PCI IDE controller driver.

The option for the other driver will only show in the I will choose the driver to install section. Do back up all your data before even trying that do not wing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

Thanks, appreciate the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Baraboo

The Activation might be a problem I have had an OEM board go and when I rang Microsoft with the legitimate OEM serial I was told - Tough it goes when the bios goes. Get a new copy of XP home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

Bastardos !!!

Advertisement