Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

mangled door

Options
  • 03-06-2007 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

hello all,
    i picked up my car yesterday after a very drawn out and expensive round of repairs. one of the jobs was to repair the drivers door handle that would open back fully but wouldn't open the door, the repair involved a new part.

for months i've had to use the fob to open the windows to get in- not fun in the rain. if you pushed the open button on the central locking fob once, it only opens the drivers door, if you push the button twice it opens all doors. i warned the mechanic to always push the button twice and as a precaution and always remove the key when getting out of the car. this was because if you wanted to move the car, you could conceivably press the button, hop in, move it, then get out and leave the key in the ignition.

the key would be in the ignition and the only open door was the one with the faulty handle.

i picked up the car after he was closed so he left the key on the drivers wheel. all the way home i thought the window or the door was open. when i got home i discovered the top of the drivers window was now sticking out a bit and realised he'd probably locked in the keys and had to wrench the window back to pull the handle. ringing for the spare obviously never occured to him either i suppose. there was no evidence of scratching or marking from screw drivers but i was thinking a glass sucker might do this job.

it was either this or someone tried to break in while it was in his wide open and shared yard.

rant over, now the question,
    i expect he'll deny all knowledge, i won't even get the satisfaction of never darkening his doorstep again as i'd decided to do that anyway. but is it possible to get the window frame straightened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you can usually straighten them back by rolling down the window, opening the door, and just bending the frame back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

thanks colm, i'll try that

Advertisement