Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Legacy Devices Are Not Loading

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I take it you did the following to uninstall:

Execute: Start Menu - Programs - kX Project - Uninstall or Re-install kX Audio Driver (Version xxxx) - and click 'Remove'. After the driver is removed, uninstall kX Project installation files by choosing 'Uninstall kX Project Package (Version xxxx)'

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

As far as I recall (this was late last night which proberly was'nt the best time to be tinkering).

Mike.

Have you stopped the kx-startup in msconfig?

Yep. I've decided to leave the devices in place but disabled in hardware and reboot, see what happens. Back in a few mins (hopefully!)

That did'nt work but I spotted the following in the PCI MUlitmedia Audio Device panel

Input/Output Range 0000 - 001F used by:
    Motherboard resources
    Input/Output Range 0000 - 001F used by:
    Direct memory access controller

So I guess I need to reassign the device to another I/O range which has no conflicts. I hate software. :(

Mike.

Did'nt work, are there any propellorheads out there?

Mike.

• Advertisement

Sounds like you to start searching the registry and manually removing entries to me?

I did wonder about that myself.

Mike.

Or download a reg cleaner although you need to be careful it could mess up some other 3rd party driver or software you have installed. I'd say delete the files assocatied with KK C:\Program Files\kX Project\3535 is the deafult location then search the registry for "KK" could take a while but should solve the problem.

I went through the registry and got rid of the KX values but no difference.

I'm going to move the soundblaster card to a new slot and see if that helps.

Mike.

That did'nt work, went from IRQ 10 to IRQ 9 and the KX devices tried to load again demanding driver software. I've deleted the devices in the device manager and am going to reinstall KX Project (no Soundblaster drivers present).

edit> re-installed and then uninstalled and rebooted - success! Plug and play recognised Soundblaster and prompted CD for files. However not all were found on CD so I've got sound but strangly the mixer is not working completely, the sound levels using "wave/direct sound" input are about 6-8 db too quiet at "full volume". CD input is fine.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Did a full re-install of Soundblaster Live from the CD set-up his time and bingo all is well at last. Except none of my soft synth hosts can find ASIO drivers which is odd.

Mike.

Advertisement