Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3's Payment Method Administration Charge

• 03-06-2007 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭

I just got my bill (done 20 May) and it still features the 3.719 + VAT "payment method administration charge" for not paying by direct debit.

Isn't this kind of charge now not longer allowed due to the new Consumer Protection Bill which get's rid of penalties for failing to pay by direct debit?

Anybody any idea, has anybody ever complaint to 3 and got that from their bill?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Afaik it is illegal now. Give comreg a call to confirm this and if they do, lodge a formal complaint with 3. If they do nothing about it, get back onto comreg.

Unfortunately comreg dont seem to actually do anything so at that point its time for a call to joe duffy

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Can they now charge your 35 per month (for example) with a discount for paying by DD ?

parsi wrote:
    Can they now charge your 35 per month (for example) with a discount for paying by DD ?
    charging different amounts for different payment methods is now illegal

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Good link !

• Advertisement

i'm on the phone to the drones now trying to make them understand that their company is breaking the law. should be fun :)

the manager was actually very helpful. i gave her that link and she thanked me for pointing it out to her and said she'd be passing the information up. i'm going to call next week if its not gone and every week from then on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Thanks all, I'm going to drop them an e-mail (rather than waisting my time with the drones at the Call Center) and see what they say.

The link is great, thanks "Commander Vimes".

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Edser

Has anybody got this charge cancelled, or get a reply?

Fyi, I queried this with 3 today who confirmed it is a charge for not paying by Direct Debit. In fairness, they said they would cancel this month's charge and gave me their CustServ email if I wanted to escalate the issue.

I checked with Comreg who said they did not deal with this and pointed me towards the National Consumer Agency.

The National Consumer Agency person told me this act was implemented but articles 48 & 49 (I think) relating to unfair payment method charges were held back due to ambiguity with online discounts (!?) and were not yet in legislation.

Edser wrote:
    The National Consumer Agency person told me this act was implemented but articles 48 & 49 (I think) relating to unfair payment method charges were held back due to ambiguity with online discounts (!?) and were not yet in legislation.
    i've had this confirmed by two different agencies unfortunately but don't tell 3 that ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

"escalate" Three love using that word, it in fact means nothing.

"escalate" Three love using that word, it in fact means nothing.
    it does mean something. it means "i don't know and i want you to go away now"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

it does mean something. it means "i don't know and i want you to go away now"
    :D

Advertisement