Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Supply Cut without notice!

Options
  • 03-06-2007 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi, has anyone in the Galway area noticed no water today?
    The council has given no formal notice to where, when and why the main water supply be off.
    Does anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I'm in the city centre and the water is flowing

Where are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

I'm near the Airport, Carnmore. it's Flowing now, but all my neighbours where without water too and they didn't hear anything either!

Well thanks for letting me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did you ring the council and ask about this?
    Perhaps it was an emergency stop, broken main or such.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

im over near Lackagh n water was gone most of day! So annoying especially on bank holiday! Back now thank god, just on time for quick shower b4 hittin the town :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I heard spiddal pressure was increased to handle barna and furbo and a load of pipes exploded out there so that plan may be scrapped now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

the pump used to pump the water to lackagh, cregmore and carmore had an electrical fault

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

sgthighway wrote:
    the pump used to pump the water to lackagh, cregmore and carmore had an electrical fault

include castlegar in that... jez thats a huge area to all be relying on one bloody pump

Advertisement