Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tec graph, paper 2 b, question 5

Options
  • 03-06-2007 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

right, i dont know how to do the part b or c of this question, i looked at the marking scheme but i cant follow it. i know you have to take a section from the answer in part a but i dont know how to do that, also part c, any help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 daraghc

What question is that?, I don't have the papers in front of me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭insane drummer

you know, the question with the bore holes, and drilling for the dip strike and thickness, wll the second part says, "another skew bore hole is drilled at a in a easterly direction in plan, the altitude at which it reaches the top and bottom surface f the stratum is 50m higher then the altitude at which it hits the bottom, determan the distance from a to the bottom of the stratum along the bore hole"

i just got that bit, but still cant do part c

"determine also the true angle between the two bore holes drilled at a"

Not sure but wouldn't that be gettin the dihedral angle??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭insane drummer

yea thats what i thought, but not really sure of the line of intersection thing, since there only touching at one point only, 8 marks goin for it

yea thats what i thought, but not really sure of the line of intersection thing, since there only touching at one point only, 8 marks goin for it

If they're only touchin at one point, u bring a horizontal line across in elevation and where it cuts the two plane bring points down to plan. Join these lines to get another point on the line of intersection, and join this to the common point u already have

For 8 marks it mightn't be worh doing in the exam if ur short of time. It takes a while and it's easy to make a mistake

• Advertisement
Advertisement