Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbeth-Kingship answer

Options
  • 03-06-2007 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

I found this answer through google

How would you rate it??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

It's fine as a summary but that's what it is, it narrates the event of the play. It's nowhere close to an answer on the theme of Kingship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

It's ok.. But you could do one yourself much better just talk about,
    1. Holiness and Devotion... King being a divine link.
    2. Macbeth's unholiness.... Unholy and hellish ruler.
    3. Homage and Honours.... How it breaks down, thanes unable to 'Do faithful homage, recieve free honours'
    4. Giving and recieving of hospitality... Duncan is perfect guest, Macbeth offers a grotesque parody of hospitality.
    5. Maintaining order in socoety... Banquet scene 'stand not upon the order of your going But go at once'
    6. Conclude by saying only when rightful king restored that Scotland can be redeemed.

Do you think Kingship will come up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 daraghc

Diamond007 wrote:
    It's ok.. But you could do one yourself much better just talk about,
    1. Holiness and Devotion... King being a divine link.
    2. Macbeth's unholiness.... Unholy and hellish ruler.
    3. Homage and Honours.... How it breaks down, thanes unable to 'Do faithful homage, recieve free honours'
    4. Giving and recieving of hospitality... Duncan is perfect guest, Macbeth offers a grotesque parody of hospitality.
    5. Maintaining order in socoety... Banquet scene 'stand not upon the order of your going But go at once'
    6. Conclude by saying only when rightful king restored that Scotland can be redeemed.

Do you think Kingship will come up?

I hope it dosen't, I'm only doing this answer because of all the talk of it coming up. I've got answers on good vs evil and the characters of macbeth and lady macbeth

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

Well, maybe examine each of the 4 main kings (ie Duncan, Macbeth, Edward the Confesssor and Malcolm). I can't see anyone having enough information on Sveno (the Norwegian king) to warrant mentioning him.

You could then delve into themes (eg Good and Evil) from there, and a discussion of what makes a good king, the king as God's representative on Earth, natural order, etc...

It would be an interesting question, if it came up....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

daraghc wrote:
    I hope it dosen't, I'm only doing this answer because of all the talk of it coming up. I've got answers on good vs evil and the characters of macbeth and lady macbeth
    I'm the exact same as you, so!

I'd imagine between Macbeth, Lady Macbeth, and the battle between good and evil you will be fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement