Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betfair in Italy

Options
  • 03-06-2007 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭

I was wondering does anyone know if this is legal in Italy. It won't let me on and I'm here for another 2 months. not enamoured with the situation

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭Bernard Hopkins

cant see it being a problem,......... italian soccer teams are plastered with bokmaker sponsors,.... so there shouldnt be a bookie ban there as far as im aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Betfair can also be viewed in Italiano, so its almost certainly available there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I've used betfair in internet cafes in Milan a good few times, can't see why it would be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

It makes no sense. I've tried three times now all with no avail and yesterday half of the pitch in the Italy match was covered in Betfair advertising.
    When I try and access it a government message comes up and the same happens with Paddy Power. Boyle Sports is OK but vintagely i have no money in my account and no credit card.Sham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 reddeagle

should be able to use it in Italy, try use google web accelerator (might proxy you thru some other European country) ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Macca206

try www5.betfair.com it uses a different server. I imagine its a problem with your firewall as opposed to the actual betfair site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

Might be your ISP. Gambling is a dodgy subject in Italy. AFAIK, the government don't allow it, but they have made it the ISP's responsibility to block these sites. Soem ISPs are alot more stricter than others..

Advertisement