Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Background Hiss on DVD Output

• 03-06-2007 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

Input: Mini DV 16:9 Camcorder
    Sound: 16bit Camcorder

Using Vegas
    Create Vegas Project: DV PAL Widescreen Standard Template

Edit and preview fine, just adding effects and an MP3 to the Existing sound.

Output 2 seperate streams

Video: Main Concept MPEG2
    Template: DVD Architect PAL Widescreen Video Stream

Audio: Dolby Digital AC-3
    Template: 192 Kbps, 48,000 Hz, Stereo
    Main Audio Service: Complete main
    Use this setting for stereo DVD soundtracks.

Using DVD Architect 4.0

Project Settings
    Video: PAL Widescreen (720x576)
    Audio: AC3-Stereo

Import MPEG-2 Video Stream
    Import AC3 Audio Stream

Create Title, Chapters, Scene Selection Etc

Then Burn to DVD

Video Comes out great, but sound is unacceptable entirely due to a load of fairly loud background hiss.

I am still working to understand the finer points of encoding, I used to encode alot of movies as avi's, kvcd's etc in the past, but am new to this sort of NLE Software and DVD Authoring Software, used to use TMPGEnc and the like.

I am guessing the issue is coming from the Audio Rendering settings I am using in Vegas.

AudioSettings.jpg

Tnx a mil,

Inqui

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Was all done fine, cause of background hiss = 2yo Daughter unplugging one of the jacks at the back of the TV :) lol

Advertisement