Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Case?

Options
  • 03-06-2007 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭

Im upgrading my PC soon and the case I have is going to be the first thing out the door. Has anyone got any recommendations for quiet cases, as the case I have now doesnt do much for keeping the noise levels down. I was looking at this antec P150 but have decided against it because my monitor, keyboard, mouse and mousemat are all black/darkly coloured.

So any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

A friend has the P180 and I dont much like the look of it, its huge!
    Dont know about the wheels on the Lian Li :D

Maybe I should be more precise, I will be putting an ATX mobo in, wont be overloading it hard drives and my gfx card isnt huge. I would like something small and tidy, with a simplistic look to it. I could go out and buy a case I think looks nice but I desperately want something that can dampen noise and the P150 was the only one I knew thats good for that.

edit : the sonata III looks nice and it says its a quiet case, has anyone got one/know if its quiet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

P150 is a lovely case. I built a system for my mother in one...whisper quiet.

The Akasa Eclipse or Mirage are both impressive but may be bigger than you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Well if silence is what you're after then you should know that first and foremost in the battle for a quiet system is quiet components. Sound proofed case like the antec ones can only do so much. So first spend your money on a silent PSU(like seasonics or tagans, something with active fan speed control or maybe something with passive cooling) then silent GFX fan(if needed) then silent CPU heatsink then Case fans and last thing to consider should be the case the money is better spent on good parts first then see if you can still afford a good case. A cheap case with silent parts will not make them louder. All hd are pretty much the same these days, Seagates or samsungs are quiet enough.
    That said i have a p 180 and it does a good job of dampening but i'm currently in the process of makin all my components as quiet as possible so speakin from experience i should hae spent the money first on the quieter parts especially the PSU.
    This is the antec solo seems to be a black and silver version of the p150 http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=162&products_id=20516

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Antec 900 all fans on low you can even hear it... but its "gamery" looking and it glows blue.. not very simplistic

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement

That antec solo looks great, exactly the type of thing I'm looking for.
    Ye I understand that the components need to be quiet first and foremost. The PC I have now is heavily overclocked on stock cooling so you can imagine how hard the fans are working. I plan on putting an E6600 in there but don't plan on overclocking it so would the stock fan be ok for noise levels when it doesnt have to work too hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Ok, I have just built my second computer, and I got this case

http://www.arctic-cooling.com/pc_case2.php?idx=118 from

http://www.marxcomputers.ie/ and it is great -so great that my son bought one, yanked out all the bits from his Iqon(Tesco) pc (well, I did)

Very quiet, looks good, simple and not fancy.Easy peasy, and plenty of space! I paid €108 but it has just gone down by €6

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭HighWire

I just got the Antec 900 DeafVision mentioned.
    Excellent case.
    The HD Cages are brilliant.
    There are 3 120 fans in it and a 200 on top and its real quiet.
    I like the blue glow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Lian Li all the way.

Antec 900 is great but its very much a gamer case. If you want something discreet that still maintains good airflow, get a v1000 or a pc-7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Isn't there very little space on the other side to keep the cables and that is why the case has quite poor airflow, because the wires must be kept in main part of case.

No?

• Advertisement

The antec 900 is probably a great case, just not really my style :o
    I love the look of the solo happygandalf mentioned and some of the lian lis are pretty cool too, but I think im sold on the solo :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

im upgrading my pc atm, so if you want my 900 its yours for free

antec 900 for free.... Ill have that !!!!11

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Anti wrote:
    antec 900 for free.... Ill have that !!!!11

sure, gotta wait till my new case comes into stock and i get my new pc built.

see the 'watercool my pc' thread

Deal, nice one man :D

:O

You're joking! I'm a struggling school kid who is building his first pc this summer and is already struggling to find the money and king pc is getting it?

:(

:D:D:D

You can have a old packardbell case i have lying around :)

Anti wrote:
    You can have a old packardbell case i have lying around :)
    How nice of you.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Damn, I cant believe I missed that free 900 offer. Please tell me you happened to buy 2 cases, for symmetry, and will also be giving the other away free also??? :rolleyes:

DirkVoodoo wrote:
    Damn, I cant believe I missed that free 900 offer. Please tell me you happened to buy 2 cases, for symmetry, and will also be giving the other away free also??? :rolleyes:

If so.... I got dibs on it bitch ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement