Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony KDS-55A2000U - Where to buy?

• 03-06-2007 2:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

Thinking about getting the Sony KDS-55A2000U Rear Projection HDTV.

Just wondering the best place to get one in ireland, at a good price, I really dont want to have to bring one over from the UK but its looking a lot cheaper, I will be claiming the VAT back on it here but cant really seem to find anywhere selling it.

Its listed on sony.ie and on the Sony Centers sites but they dont have prices.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Last place I saw one in was harvey norman in Dundalk, but that was 2 weeks back. They still have the 55" SXRD model for sale but no 50".
    Powercity and DID used to carry it, but seemed to have stopped....someone on here said that sony are pulling it off the Irish market due to poor sales.
    Had been looking at one of these myself but the new PV/X 70 plasma has caught my eye and seems to be easier to find.
    Good luck finding a UK shop willing to ship a telly that size over to here...most of them won't even sell to outside the UK mainland and when they do, the shipping costs are insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭godskitchen

A friend of mine works for a transport company, I can get the TV over here for €50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Oops just noticed that you're after the 55" not the 50" :o

Amazon had it for £999 stg a few weeks back but they've removed all traces of it from their servers
    Google shows two hits in the UK, only one of which actually has stock...totaldigital.biz @ £1125 stg

Like I said above, Harvey Norman had some of these last w/e at €1999 and AFAIK that included the stand/cabinet...
    [edit] Nope, seems it's 2199

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Sony Centre in Tallaght have ONE left. 1,999 grand including a stand.
    I am sure they would take an offer on it though as it has been there a while.

Power City have none left, I know cos I got their very last one, and I can't tell you the price cos it would make you sick. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

spockety wrote:
    Power City have none left, I know cos I got their very last one, and I can't tell you the price cos it would make you sick. :D

Better than the 1600 I paid ?

• Advertisement

zing wrote:
    Better than the 1600 I paid ?

Including a stand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

spockety wrote:
    Including a stand?

Yup.

zing wrote:
    Yup.

Assuming it's brand new, then hats off, that's an impressive price.

I paid slightly more than that, but not much.

Advertisement