Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A1 English Answers???

Options
  • 03-06-2007 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

I know there are answers all around this board, but at this stage with 3 days to go, I think we should amalgamate all the A1 answers or very high standard answers for Poetry, the Comparative and Single Text.

I know there are a few Poetry ones but can't find them and theres a few Macbeth and Comparative ones. Me personally have no very high standard ones but I am hoping someone will post up a Comparative A1 Answer for Cultural Context for Juno and the Paycock, My Left Foot and Reading in the Dark. If ye had one on two of these, please even post it up.

Anyhow, just post up these answers to help people for this time 3 days.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

My left foot, how many miles to babylon and death of a salesman would be good for me...but I already have learned off an A2 essay so shud b ok. I have put up 1 or 2 essays on the net already, of A standard www.zulunotes.com is the site. People should upload them there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

Christ you lazy sod! Not only do you come on here looking for the work of other people, you want the rest of us to find it for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Who, in their right mind, is going to waste their time uploading their work for others to use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

lol what wud be the chances of getting it corrected by the same person...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Eh, I'll just hijack this.

Iam really stuck for Cultural Context. How do I prepare such a question?
    How many key moments? Someone explain it to me please :(

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Eh, I'll just hijack this.

Iam really stuck for Cultural Context. How do I prepare such a question?
    How many key moments? Someone explain it to me please :(

Thanks

You don't use "Key Moments" as such in Cultural Context, that's in theme, at least that's how we were taught. It's a bit late now to be preparing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

mp3guy wrote:
    You don't use "Key Moments" as such in Cultural Context, that's in theme, at least that's how we were taught. It's a bit late now to be preparing it.

I'm going to have to vehemently disagree with this comment; key moments should always be referred to in comparative questions, regardless of the mode. Basically it's all in the name: make as many connection (be they similarities or contrasts) between your chosen texts and, as ever, back up your views with reference or quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Who, in their right mind, is going to waste their time uploading their work for others to use it!

I agree. Absolute craziness by some people on boards.ie. To think they can just stroll on here and ask for an essay to be typed up for them of A1 standard because we should all help each other. Thats like saying give me a million dollars because Im a nice person. ( A bit over the top but you get what Im on about.)

People have the right to keep their work to themselves because at the end of the day its THEY that did the work and nobody else.

Most of the people on boards.ie, you dont even know them. So why help them? Unless they do a favour for you. Thats a different story.

mp3guy wrote:

Well enlighten me then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Normally I'd be all for helping people, as, you know, it's a nice thing to do.
    But the Leaving Cert is a competition. The people you're helping are the people you want to beat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Whats the point in posting A1 answers for the comparatives???

Everyone's doing different comparatives e.g. Im doing Death of a Salesman, Witness and Lies of Silence and i havent heard of another single person (outside my class) who is doing the same comparatives as me!

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

nick23 wrote:
    Whats the point in posting A1 answers for the comparatives???

Everyone's doing different comparatives e.g. Im doing Death of a Salesman, Witness and Lies of Silence and i havent heard of another single person (outside my class) who is doing the same comparatives as me!
    Well I guess if you were REALLY desperate, you could just learn off an A1 answer for some other texts for two out of the three possible questions (theme and issue, vision and viewpoint, and cultural context) and you'd be all set....but you'd have to be really desperate.I haven't met anyone whos doing the same texts as me either, although no-one seems to be doing the Curious Incident anyways.I hate that book.Its so difficult to have to tie it in with the others under cultural context, because since its seen through the eyes of an autistic person, it barely mentions money or religion in any significant amount at all, because they just aren't important to him.Stupid Christopher.

What do you write about in Cultural Context?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

What do you write about in Cultural Context?
    You mean what headings am I using for my CC question?I'm planning on using money, religion and community as my headings, and the only thing I can really examine Curious Incident under is the community heading.**** I hate that book.Wish we'd done something else, ANYTHING else.At least then i'd have info to use for my CC question, instead of all those ****ing stupid maps and diagrams in the damn book.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I'm going to have to vehemently disagree with this comment; key moments should always be referred to in comparative questions, regardless of the mode. Basically it's all in the name: make as many connection (be they similarities or contrasts) between your chosen texts and, as ever, back up your views with reference or quotes.
    mp3guy wrote:

Disagree all you want, we were taught to use the phrase "key moment" in theme when referencing relevant scenes, but not for cultural context.

Advertisement