Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New tv advice?

• 03-06-2007 4:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Well im moving into my new place next week so im going to need a new tv. Was living with parents so i have no tv to take with me.

The room the tv will be in isnt massive so id say a between 26" and 32"will be more than enough. The only problem is i havent got the slightest idea what tv to go for, LCD or Plasma?
    Its main use will be watching tv on the ntl box and dvds with a bit of Ps2 gaming thrown in on the side

My price limit will be €1000 i could spend more but i just couldnt justify it

There is a nice sony LCD 32" incher from dixon and sony centres for €999 see pic attached.
    I would like to spend less on a similar product I hear Samsung do good quality tvs but i also hear that LG is the best way to go, when i look at the likes of Philips and Panasonic they seem to have very good picture qualitys. I am absolutely clueless when it comes to LCD and Plasmas

So somebody please give me clear picture on this(oh yes bad pun intended) and give me some advice. please all suggestions welcomed and thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well, if you are only going as high as 32" then that leaves you solely with LCD. I've never seen a 32" Plasma, though I believe they have existed.

As for your budget, that Sony 32S2530 wouldn't be a bad choice. It does have 2 HDMI's, handy for maybe a PS3 and other HD source. Samsung screens are indeed very good also, and there are many boardsies who are happy with their Sammy's. I'd consider Panasonic to be a good brand also, though personally not keen on Philips.

Komplett.ie sometimes have good offers on Samsung LCD's and might be worth a look. I'd also suggest you go to a local shop and see these TV's in action, to see which you'd like best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

Advertisement