Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Ralph Santolla Joins Obituary

• 03-06-2007 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

Temporarily, at least :)
    "There is so much going on! The most important thing is the recording/mixing of the new CD and that is going amazing! These new songs are so heavy and we are happy and lucky to announce that Ralph Santolla (ex-DEICIDE, ICED EARTH, DEATH) is helping us with some of the guitar work. To have someone like Ralph working with us is totally new to Obituary and I can't tell you how excited we are. This new album, Xecutioners Return, is just coming to life! I know there has been a lot of speculation about what we were going to do for another guitarist now that Allen West is unavailable. It is kind of strange how things work out. We have known Ralph for a long time and it is no surprise how good of a guitar player he is, but what was really nice is how good we work with each other and how good we get along. Not only is Ralph recording with us, but he will also be going with us to Europe in July and on our U.S. Tour in September. We leave for South America tomorrow for the next set of shows and they should be some good ones. We have been to Argentina (a long time ago), but we have never been to Chile or Brazil, so we are looking forward to these shows. When we get home we will finish up the mixing of the new CD and we are on schedule for a late August release!"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Why can't Alan West play with them? I have heard none of this.

Should be a very interesting change at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

He's in prison.

Seriously? I have heard not a sausage of any of this. Blasted Leaving Cert takes valuable time away from metal nerding I'm afraid. :(

Caught drink driving. Naughty fella. Pretty stupid thing to do.

Ah, no, bad form alright. Found somewhere saying he wouldn't be released until February 2008, bit mental...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Is it just me, or has Ralph Santolla embarked upon some sort of quest to join bands when their lead guitarist(s) leaves for one reason or another?
    I think he's behind some Illuminati style conspiracy to make them disappear. Someone call Mulder, quick! :eek:

In other news, any predictions how long he'll stay with Obituary? I say he'll be gone before the end of 2009.

It'll be until Allan West gets out of prison, I reckon.

Advertisement