Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Length of english answers

Options
  • 03-06-2007 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

How long are the Macbeth answers/poetry answers supposed to be?
    Mine seem to average 1000 words. Is that too long?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Mine are always about 2 and a quarter fullscap, with about 14 words to a line......so yeah I guess mine would work out at around 1000 words as well.Maybe a little less.Perhaps around the 950 mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 sully88

thank for that. And would your comparative be a small bit longer as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Mine are are usually around 800 words yet take around 3 1/2 foolscap - 4??

How can you get 1000 words in 2 and a quarter pages!! Your writing must be weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Well i'd usually be able to fit my comparitive answer into about 2 pages......so I guess it would be a little under 900 words.And yeah my writing is quite unusual, and hardly anyone can read it....which isn't exactly a good thing.I'm going to have to do my neatest possible writing in the exam which sucks cause it slows me down terribly.

Although now that I think about it, although my writing is at the other end of the spectrum, how the hell do you manage to fit only 200 words into each fulscap.How many words to a line do you have on average?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Well i'd usually be able to fit my comparitive answer into about 2 pages......so I guess it would be a little under 900 words.And yeah my writing is quite unusual, and hardly anyone can read it....which isn't exactly a good thing.I'm going to have to do my neatest possible writing in the exam which sucks cause it slows me down terribly.

Although now that I think about it, although my writing is at the other end of the spectrum, how the hell do you manage to fit only 200 words into each fulscap.How many words to a line do you have on average?

Around 7/8 i think ;)

It's normal size, nothing large.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

Macbeth around 4 pages, Comparative around the same, and Poetry around 6.

And yes, I do know that poetry has the least marks going for it, but that's pretty irrelevant, since marks are not awarded on answer length. It's about how you best answer a question and how long that takes you.

Advertisement