Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Odd issue

• 03-06-2007 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Never came across this before and I'm assuming its a windows problem.

Turned off th ecomputer earlier to check what connections I have on the psu, anyway, didnt actually touch anything other than movigng the psu leads to check what outputs I had free.

Turned the computer back on a while later and it hung at the windows xp screen with the blue bar in the middle scrollign across continously. Eventually started up so I ran windows update and the 3 security updates failed to install, so I restarted and windows started normally.

Thing is, when I open IE a windows installer box comes up with the "preparing to install" message in it, stays there for 30 secs or so and goes away. This happens 3 times or so then IE opens into google. The same box comes up for 30 secs (only once though) each time I open a new tab. Each time google opens fine after that. Everything is working fine but its annoying t have to wait 30 secs for each page i want to open.

The same happens if I click a link on a page.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Have you tried to do repair for IE?

You could also try:

* From the Start menu, select Run.
    * In the Open field, type sfc /scannow (Note: There is a space between sfc and /scannow)
    * Select the OK button.
    * Follow the prompts throughout the System File Checker process.
    * Reboot the computer when System File Checker completes.

Advertisement