Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain biking: Discover Ireland Ad

Options
  • 03-06-2007 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where the mountain biking place is that was featured in this ad?

Can't find anything on the site...I think the ad said Limerick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

That was Ballyhoura. An official trail professionally built & due to open this summer. Its in Limerick.

http://www.ballyhouracountry.com/bhsection.asp?bhl1=Tourism&bhl2=Features&bhl3=Features&sloc=&rrn=847

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Wow thanks for that. Looks interesting...I'd be tempted to head down there sometime when it's open

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mkem

Hi Guys, I live at the bottom of the Ballyhoura's. You don't have to wait for the trails to be completed as the mounation range is covered in roads and fire breaks. A few of us local lads have been cycling up there for ages. Just drive to Charleville, 3 miles from c'ville town is Ballyhea, beside the church, there is a small road, take that road and you'll find loads of roads leading up the mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mkem

Hi Guys, I live at the bottom of the Ballyhoura's. You don't have to wait for the trails to be completed as the mountain range is covered in roads and fire breaks. A few of us local lads have been cycling up there for ages. Just drive to Charleville, 3 miles from c'ville town is Ballyhea, beside the church, there is a small road, take that road and you'll find loads of roads leading up the mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

is it worth the spin down from DUblin yet? how many km's open ? and any pics ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Thanks for the info mkem. I'd have to get a train down to Charleville and then bike it!

Would be interested in pics though

Interesting !

he Mountain Bike Centre will be designed by the worlds leading trail designer Dafydd Davis who has designed some of the most exciting and challenging trails known to mountain bikers across the globe. The development will see construction of over 25 kms of purpose built singletrack biking trails on land across east Limerick and north Cork within Coillte Forestry. The allocation of funding to the project will be the first time that mountain biking has been formally recognised as a positive activity, compatible with the values of multiple-use forestry. It is an exciting opportunity and the landmark development will transform Ballyhoura Forest Park into one of the most important recreational venues in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mac 79

heres a few pics not much to look at yet

http://rdpics.fotopic.net/c1278492_1.html

Mac 79 wrote:
    heres a few pics not much to look at yet

http://rdpics.fotopic.net/c1278492_1.html

nice one !!

any rocky technical sections ? or are they all very tame?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Stereophonic

I'll be heading down there this Summer!!!!!!

Thanks for the pictures man!

• Advertisement

Those pics are only of the short trail (16km) I think.Hopefully the other 2 trails won't be as manicured.On the way to the Ballyhouras make sure to visit Cratloe.Some nice trails there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

In the same ad it shows some people walking amongst the trees on a kind of suspended bridge. Does anyone know where this is?

Advertisement