Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

The McDonalds ad in which the guys are beamed into McD's. Our friend Captain Smug from Meteor has some competition in the guy in that ad, it wrecks me the way he talks, so full of himself

And the radio ads for Lidl (Grainne should kill the German guy) and the Vodafone "comedy" festival. Yeah, soooo funny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Brilliant ad for Krave cereal based on the story of the wooden horse of Troy. I saw it last night with a few bottles in me and fell around the place laughing at the poor pieces of chocolate being overrun by the cereal pieces hopping out of the chocolate bunny... classic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

fricatus wrote: »
    Brilliant ad for Krave cereal based on the story of the wooden horse of Troy. I saw it last night with a few bottles in me and fell around the place laughing at the poor pieces of chocolate being overrun by the cereal pieces hopping out of the chocolate bunny... classic!

And you despise it???

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Feeded

That diver kid Tom Daley advertising Nestle's association with healthy outdoor activities. . . Awful

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I am walking and I thinking about haha :(

Go ahead Bar advert :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Arthur's Day ads have started, can't stand it as it will be on every channel every hour soon, also I would like to smack the smug look off the guy in the McDonalds ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭macgrub

That centra advert where the guy just decides to have a party in his gaff and decides to buy all his shopping for it in centra. It'd be a pretty lean party if you had to go by centra prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

There's an ad airing on TV3 these days for some company called Beds Etc.
    The guy who does the voiceover pronounces it "Beds Excetera". FFFFFFFUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuu.............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

macgrub wrote: »
    That centra advert where the guy just decides to have a party in his gaff and decides to buy all his shopping for it in centra. It'd be a pretty lean party if you had to go by centra prices.

AAAAAAAAAAH MAEVE!

The creepiest ad has to be Thomas Gear Jewellers.

Tom Gear Here! I've recently come runner-up in a vincent price sound-a-like competition and have taken up residence in the Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilac Cent-aaaaaaaaah.

macgrub wrote: »

Yes but in fairness to it it is the most orginal irish supermarket ad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lifehacker

optogirl wrote: »
    AAAAAAAAAAH MAEVE!

The creepiest ad has to be Thomas Gear Jewellers.

Tom Gear Here! I've recently come runner-up in a vincent price sound-a-like competition and have taken up residence in the Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilac Cent-aaaaaaaaah.

haha was in tears reading this... by far the worst but funniest ad have seen lately :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

It's Mother Nature with your monthly gift (then she has to explain it incase the women it's aimed at didn't quite get it 'your peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriod)

She then asks 'where' the girl in question is keeping her pearl. I'll give you 3 guesses Mother Nature (hint: it's not her nostril)

The whole premise of the ad is just awful, as if your 'monthly gift' is some sort of punishment. Grrrrr

That Bepanthen ad with the baby in front of a fan and a prominent Do not try this at home" message, followed by "This baby is a professional."

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

I actually like the new meteor ad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

That stupid ad with the chicken on the phone.

It tells you nothing about the phone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

"I brought you your monthly gift dear, your peeeeeeriod."

The McD ads with the children. One of the children is a bit distracting and hence it took me a while to figure out what was going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Elmo wrote: »
    The McD ads with the children. One of the children is a bit distracting and hence it took me a while to figure out what was going on.

The Kid who wants to be a Lorry Driver like his Daddy sounds too posh to be have a Daddy who is a Lorry Driver.

Skid wrote: »
    The Kid who wants to be a Lorry Driver like his Daddy sounds too posh to be have a Daddy who is a Lorry Driver.

Well his Daddy did want to be an Astronaut!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Feeded

Jenson Button and that stooopid H&S advert

"bracing!!!"
    "rubber"
    "things that work"

....what an annoying advert.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭doomed

Go compare with the opera singer. Shoot on sight. Grrrrr ......

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnny D. Mudd

I'll tell you something, if I have to sit here and watch another of those unbelievably vomit-inducing and gratingly knowing "Mother Nature" ads, I'm gonna murder anyone who was even remotely in that mind-numbingly stupid ad.

And that shrimp in that Gillette ad can go **** himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Any of those Boots ads that has a little build up of conversation and then ends with HERE COME THE GIRLS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

The activia ads with Martine McKutcheon (was on eastenders decades ago) for activia yogurts.

She has a face you would just love to slap.

Any of those Boots ads that has a little build up of conversation and then ends with HERE COME THE GIRLS.

The girl who does the Noel Fielding impersonation as she riffles through her friend's press.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I detest that ad for Mc Donalds with the little smug kids all saying what they want to be when they grow up . The accents dont match the kids and I want to smack the boy who doesnt want his Daddy to be an astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

It's Mother Nature with your monthly gift (then she has to explain it incase the women it's aimed at didn't quite get it 'your peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriod)

She then asks 'where' the girl in question is keeping her pearl. I'll give you 3 guesses Mother Nature (hint: it's not her nostril)

The whole premise of the ad is just awful, as if your 'monthly gift' is some sort of punishment. Grrrrr

How anyone thought portraying Mother Nature as the bad guy (gal?) is mind-boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Tulipout

Pat Shorts add in the post office.
    I feel for the An post staff;)
    Strangers in the night..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Never seen this, but Oh. My. God. :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

All advertising is vulgar.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement