Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭macgrub

Some of those Cost Plus Sofas' advertisements can be dodgy, especially that one shown lately where this animated couple sleeping. At first I thought those people being gassed, until it pans out and shows that it's the dust from jackhammers that are working around them.
    Still odd.
    Also, you think they could at lease get better CGI in 2011. It's crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

fricatus wrote: »
    Never seen this, but Oh. My. God. :eek::eek::eek:

It is also the way she says "where?" I can only find the french version online here's Serena Williams and her aunt flo! some how think professional sports woman have found away to control mother nature and it comes in a nice bottle

220px-Depo-testosterone_200_mg_ml_crop.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

optogirl wrote: »
    It's Mother Nature with your monthly gift (then she has to explain it incase the women it's aimed at didn't quite get it 'your peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriod)

She then asks 'where' the girl in question is keeping her pearl. I'll give you 3 guesses Mother Nature (hint: it's not her nostril)

The whole premise of the ad is just awful, as if your 'monthly gift' is some sort of punishment. Grrrrr

Might NSFW...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

The new Beds eXcetra (why can't he say the word properly?) with the Sumo Wrestlers - just what in the name of jaysus is going on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

The new 3 ad with Jedward:

"S'up John?"
    "S'up Edward?"

Repeat ad infinitum.

Grr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnny D. Mudd

The new 3 ad with Jedward:

"S'up John?"
    "S'up Edward?"

Repeat ad infinitum.

Grr.

This is most definitely going to send me into a psychopathic fit of madness for the the next two months. It's not enough having to look at those two dickheads every fifteen minutes and hear their ball-munching voices but that ad is infuriating beyond anything I could possibly comprehend. Just one more reason why I want these two to **** off. Of course I'm going to be labelled a begrudger now and have everyone claim that I'm just a moan but I really couldn't give a crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DemocAnarchis

aRQWu.jpg

edited, wrong thread....

ah my head

New Match.com ad

Its first fault is its twee hipster ukulele music, worse than the worst mobile phone ad.

But the fact that a guy sings a song about a girl he's just seen in public with his silly little ukulele and she's not completely freaked out is just ridiculous. Near the end when the train passes between them and she's gone I thought for a second it was a spoof of such crap ads and she had run away, but there she is sitting beside him.

I don't know if it's worse than their Godfawver Free ad, but it's not a great advertisement for internet dating to show two such freaks hooking up.

The Walkers ad with Lineker, of course, plus special guest Lionel Richie.

wtf?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

The Boots ads are some of the most sexist, head-wrecking things on tv and they should all be stopped immediately.

BUT I have a special level of hatred for this one ad encouraging you to sponsor a child in Africa, with a little speech by this blonde wan who used to be on UK tv about 10 years ago (can't remember her name). She's going on about the terrible conditions in Africa, fair enough, but then comes out with "If, like me, YOU'RE A MUM" (pause, smug grin) like having children makes her better than everyone else and more in tune with the plight of the Africans somehow. Gahhhhh it annoys me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Elmo wrote: »
    The McD ads with the children. One of the children is a bit distracting and hence it took me a while to figure out what was going on.
    Skid wrote: »
    The Kid who wants to be a Lorry Driver like his Daddy sounds too posh to be have a Daddy who is a Lorry Driver.
    Elmo wrote: »
    Well his Daddy did want to be an Astronaut!

Ok, I really don't get this ad - the kid says he wants to be an astronaut and at the end tells his dad that he doesn't want his dad to be an astronaut, wtf?:confused:

deemark wrote: »
    Ok, I really don't get this ad - the kid says he wants to be an astronaut and at the end tells his dad that he doesn't want his dad to be an astronaut, wtf?:confused:

I think the idea is that the kid who wants to be an astronaut is the dad (they're wearing the same clothes). I think McD's were trying to suggest that when you go into their fabulous restaurants you become a kid again. It's not clear at all though, and I only realised it when someone mentioned it on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The Veet Hydro-somethingorother ad. They try to convince us women that spreading chemicals on our legs is better than using a razer. Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I really don't care if someone already mentioned that new Meteor ad with Jedward in it, but seeing them repeating the same lines in such an obnoxious manner over and over again makes me want to rip out their heart's and feed them to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Blinking_Badger

Any Harvey Norman ads...just too shouty, I always turn the sound off when they come on....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I really don't care if someone already mentioned that new Meteor ad with Jedward in it, but seeing them repeating the same lines in such an obnoxious manner over and over again makes me want to rip out their heart's and feed them to them.

3, but you will be glad to hear that even jedward will get something free from meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I think the idea is that the kid who wants to be an astronaut is the dad (they're wearing the same clothes). I think McD's were trying to suggest that when you go into their fabulous restaurants you become a kid again. It's not clear at all though, and I only realised it when someone mentioned it on boards.

*dawning realisation

Now, despite hating the stoooopid McD ads, I'm gonna have to watch this one again....once I finish imagining stuffing those mouths of those kids on the radio ad with rocket lettuce so I can't hear the ridiculous speech and drama accents:mad:

The new BMW M1 ad with the two smug wealthy brothers with their slightly different yet equally fabulous lives ("My brother's an architect" "My brother's an actor and model" :cool:).

I don't get the seemingly new trend of smug gits in ads. Maybe the people who come up with these ideas are themselves smug, or there's a whole, huge demographic of smug people that these ads appeal to and I just don't belong in their group.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Haribo have made some really horrrible ads (the children pretending to be scary cops interviewing their father) but their new one where the mother buys a bag of sweets for her family and they all take a turn to sing (really badly) about the sweets really takes the biscuit.

I bet the US gov. is going to start using this ad played on a loop to mentally torture suspects in Guantanamo Bay and make them sign confessions.
    It really is that bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Haribo have made some really horrrible ads (the children pretending to be scary cops interviewing their father)

Haven't seen the new one, but the cop one makes me smile every time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

what about the latest gillette razors adds - fusion or some crap I think they're called. The prick asking the lads about their current razors comes flying into the bathroom with a big WOOOO, like hes a really fun guy and is about to do something really exciting or something, annoys the heart and soul of me!
    What I'd really like is to be able to test the safety aspect of these razors on this fellas neck...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Mr E wrote: »
    Haven't seen the new one, but the cop one makes me smile every time. :)
    Ah gerourradah :P

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

The "More Than" and Harvey Norman ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!!!

I keep having to stop posting in this thread as I'd end up posting about almost every bloody ad on tv.

But this one really grates:

I think the most annoying thing is their stupid dancing at the end.

But I also hate the oh-so-cynical way they try to tap into that FHM demographic of manchildren who feel insecure about their masculinity as they work in office jobs.

And obviously the work the boss was going to get them to do is important or the boss wouldn't have wanted them to work all night on it. Their zany antics will probably cost the company a lot, and in this economic environment every dollar counts!

And at the end they're watching NASCAR so they're clearly morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I hate that ad for National College of Ireland, where yer wan goes on about wanting to have lecturers who will "listen to what I have to say".

Now I know the value of interactive learning via symposiums, tutorials, etc., where people are encouraged to learn through discussion, however isn't the whole job of a lecturer to deliver a lecture on a topic, because they're knowledgeable on it? And isn't the role of the student in this situation to listen to what the lecturer has to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭dirtypanties

The aptamil formula one:
    'If' you decide to move on from breastfeeding...

:confused:

The aptamil formula one:
    'If' you decide to move on from breastfeeding...

:confused:

I'd assume because they can't be seen as promoting the formula as a breastfeeding substitute, whereas they pretty much are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭dirtypanties

Just thought of another 2:

Truly Irish for raaaasssssssssshhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrssssssss that taste great!!

So bad and annoying its almost good.

Also the volvic challenge one with the really feminine guy 'having a cheeky volvic'-headwrecking!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement