Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭dirtypanties

Karsini wrote: »
    I'd assume because they can't be seen as promoting the formula as a breastfeeding substitute, whereas they pretty much are.

I know but it just conjures up unwanted images of pensioners breastfeeding their 35year old sons-bittie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The ad for Kleenex Man-sized Tissues, same size tissues but smaller box, and you can be guaranteed that they will go missing. :rolleyes:
    Karsini wrote: »
    I'd assume because they can't be seen as promoting the formula as a breastfeeding substitute, whereas they pretty much are.

Some women have difficultly breastfeeding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Lads....why not just stream yer shows, add free?...i haven't seen an advert in three years!!!!

Lads....why not just stream yer shows, add free?...i haven't seen an advert in three years!!!!

Well I am getting annoyed at 40D ATM the number of ads and the same ads is bloody annoying. Particularly the ad for Kitchen Nightmares "See id nuw un FirOhDee" and Chris Moyles running around saying "Itsss on Firreee" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Because if we do that, then the networks will cancel all the good shows.
    Elmo wrote: »
    Well I am getting annoyed at 40D ATM the number of ads and the same ads is bloody annoying. Particularly the ad for Kitchen Nightmares "See id nuw un FirOhDee" and Chris Moyles running around saying "Itsss on Firreee" :mad:
    Okay, a bit of a minor thing here, but am I the only one who's annoyed with the mad smiley at the end of the every few posts? Seriously, its driving me nuts. But then again, I am nuts myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Peadar_85 wrote: »
    The McDonalds futuristic one where the lads beam into the restaurant is awful. Yer man's punch-line at the end is woeful...something like 'don't be stupid, it wrecks the cheese'.

Did the guy writing that think it was funny....and don't get me started on the twit in the flashing t-shirt. Utter rubbish advert.

SERIOUSLY. How did they go from:

to

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭MACHEAD

The one that really irkes me ATM is yer wan "One Sheet", or 'Whone Sheeet' as he calls himself. Personally I prefer to refer to him as 'Bool-Sheet"

Because if we do that, then the networks will cancel all the good shows.

Okay, a bit of a minor thing here, but am I the only one who's annoyed with the mad smiley at the end of the every few posts? Seriously, its driving me nuts. But then again, I am nuts myself.

Well I am hoping that it will cause TBBT to be cancelled :D

I use emoticons purely to communicate to you in particular my mood and it seems to be working as you are despise them and I despise certain ads :cool:

:pac:

:confused:

Otherwise I blame my lack of communication skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The badly sung RTE Guide ad.

Tina Turner isn't a bad singer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,714 ✭✭✭✭briany

New Match.com ad

Its first fault is its twee hipster ukulele music, worse than the worst mobile phone ad.

But the fact that a guy sings a song about a girl he's just seen in public with his silly little ukulele and she's not completely freaked out is just ridiculous. Near the end when the train passes between them and she's gone I thought for a second it was a spoof of such crap ads and she had run away, but there she is sitting beside him.

I don't know if it's worse than their Godfawver Free ad, but it's not a great advertisement for internet dating to show two such freaks hooking up.

Wasn't that bird in the first ad? If not then she looks an awful lot like her. Plus that man is the ad-standard attractive man with his inoffensive face and scraggly stubble beard. How could it not work out for them. Now Tiny Tim, god rest him, might have had to show some coin to get the required result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

That woman with the four eyes on the McDonalds advert makes me want to throw up. She looks gross. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I'm new to this thread but there are 2 ads really bugging the bejesus out of me
    1. The ad about motorbike safety - how motorists need to be more aware of motorbikers on the road even when they have absolutely no regard for anyone else. CASE AND POINT - Sunday I went to the shop with my children in the car, there seemed to be a motorbike rally on (NOT ADVERTISED) the motorbikes surrounded the car with horns blowing and sirens going. I would have pulled in but they were on the inside of me too. THIS WAS GOING THROUGH A VILLAGE WITH SPEED LIMITS which they had no regard for.

2. The ad for insurance rip offs. While I have no intention of ever ripping off an insurance company or anyone else for the simple reason that I am someone (stupidly enough) who believes that what goes around comes around, have been waiting, longer than anyone should be for a result on a claim that was agreed weeks ago. ITS THE INSURANCE COMPANIES THAT SHOULD BE WEARING THE TIGHTS OVER THEIR HEADS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

oh my jaysus - I can't get over this one! 'and I don't care how I daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaance'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Elmo wrote: »

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

Use this firefox add-on. No more annoying ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

S'up John

S'up Edward

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

The Barrys tea ad with "the girls" heading off to Thailand fills me with rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Feeded

Jseus Chirst!! What a terrible attempt at reaching your audience. . . .

Feeded wrote: »

I want to see this ad anyone have a clip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Feeded wrote: »

The one with the people singing ???

made me want to sab my ears with pencils :mad:

Edit : Here it is, worst the 2nd time seeing it :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

calex71 wrote: »

sounds like they got the old Bosco presenters back to sing it :pac:

calex71 wrote: »

Edit : Here it is, worst the 2nd time seeing it :mad:

I don't understand - RTE runs talent shows and they turn out something like this. Maybe they made something so brutal that we would all be talking about it, hence a successful ad. It's the only explanation.

cofy wrote: »
    I don't understand - RTE runs talent shows and they turn out something like this. Maybe they made something so brutal that we would all be talking about it, hence a successful ad. It's the only explanation.

I think its trying to be ironic but fails. Emm now I don't want to ever see it again. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

x_Ellie_x wrote: »
    S'up John

S'up Edward

OMFG.......................:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

'Cost...Plus...Sofas...'
    The speaker sounds as if he's suffered a stroke.

That Harvey Norman 'wipe-out!' ad:mad:
    Makes me want to hurt people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

That MvVities Go Ahead ad where the lady is walking and singing down the street in all her smug, "look at me, I'm thin" happy BS. Such an annoying song especially with the little pauses between lines to have a wee smile or a flirting look to a passing workman or whatever...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The Go Compair insurance adverts. I'll end up with no teeth from grinding when they come on

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Kumejima

Wertz wrote: »
    That MvVities Go Ahead ad where the lady is walking and singing down the street in all her smug, "look at me, I'm thin" happy BS. Such an annoying song especially with the little pauses between lines to have a wee smile or a flirting look to a passing workman or whatever...

God she's unbearable. "oh I'm sorry I hadn't even noticed that you're all so unbearably jealous of my perfect figure and face and hair. I'm just so busy being happy in a totally nonsmug way"

I never understood how women could hate other women on sight just because they were beautiful. I do now
    Despite being a guy and under normal circumstances I so would.

The Dove shampoo ad. Like all women with long hair wake up with what resembles a birds nest on their heads and then that any woman in her right mind would attack her head with a hairbrush like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The one where the boy tries to ask the girl in the library out by holding up book titles. What a load of ****.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement