Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

That insurance ad where this Bob Hoskins lookalike is argueing with an Oriental woman on the street and people and the background bumping into each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Lucozade+Feeder+Skateboarding = Urge to commit mass murder

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Feeded

spookwoman wrote: »
    The Go Compair insurance adverts. I'll end up with no teeth from grinding when they come on

me too. . .i set myself a challenge to switch the channel before that character starts singing his line. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Mary Byrne didn't get a role in the George Best musical that must be dissappointing for her!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Joop Homme ads on FX. I hate them and they are always on before, during and after all the prrogrammes I watch on FX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Feeded wrote: »
    me too. . .i set myself a challenge to switch the channel before that character starts singing his line. . .
    And do you have a cheeky Volvic if you manage to do it? :) Amazing how even the words from adverts can influence people.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Oh. My. God.
    I have just seen that Oreo ad, with the sound down.
    It is so gross, the child and her granny, I assume, licking the middle off the biscuit. And is the granny a maid or something?
    Is it an ad made for the European market? Next thing you know they'll be advertising Hersheys chocolate, which I think tastes like sick.(Sorry, off track here).
    I will force myself to watch it with sound, it might improve but I doubt it.

Kewreeuss wrote: »
    Oh. My. God.
    I have just seen that Oreo ad, with the sound down.
    It is so gross, the child and her granny, I assume, licking the middle off the biscuit. And is the granny a maid or something?
    Is it an ad made for the European market? Next thing you know they'll be advertising Hersheys chocolate, which I think tastes like sick.(Sorry, off track here).
    I will force myself to watch it with sound, it might improve but I doubt it.

Very american ad alright. US chocolate is not very nice. Oreo's are a very american brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Elmo wrote: »
    Very american ad alright. US chocolate is not very nice. Oreo's are a very american brand.
    Oh come on. Hersheys Cookies and Creme is awesome.

Oh come on. Hersheys Cookies and Creme is awesome.

Totally Awesome and Radical Dude.

Lets face it M&M are only nice with Peanuts. Give me European chocolate any day. Daim Bars mmmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Joop Homme ads on FX. I hate them and they are always on before, during and after all the prrogrammes I watch on FX

politely disagree :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

That black and white rice krispies ad witht the woman and daughter making shít outta rice kripsies - I hate the way the daughter says "they're popping"

THeYuR PaawPEEENG!

Why does the 7 year old girl sound like a 13 year old boy who's voice is breaking? WHY!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

The Head and Shoulders ad with Jenson Button. I hate it so so much!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

emobile:

"Meet Edward.
    He's a creepy looking hipster-nerd.
    Despite him only being about 30 we have decided to film his little weirdo nerd child scenes as if they took place in the early '70's for some unknown reason"

F*ck off you c*nting c*nts!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Not sure if mentioned already but that boots ad where your one thinks Vitamin C is a book or something. I just want to punch the telly when that comes on.

Also the no nonsense car insurance ads wreck my head we get were getting ripped of blah blah but ye are just as bad as the rest!

blondie7 wrote: »
    Not sure if mentioned already but that boots ad where your one thinks Vitamin C is a book or something. I just want to punch the telly when that comes on.

Vitamin C is that for your eyes. The Noel Fielding look alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

The one where you have to talk the rice into coming out of the microwave. Simply tragic.

I read somewhere M&S are getting rid the celabrities in their ads, but I still reckon you'll be able to sense the smugness radiating from the TV about from about 2 miles away whenever the new adverts are on. Their whole image is just so bland and inoffensive yet so blatantly marketed towards posh, middle-class knobs... hate them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Acacia wrote: »
    The one where you have to talk the rice into coming out of the microwave. Simply tragic.

I read somewhere M&S are getting rid the celabrities in their ads, but I still reckon you'll be able to sense the smugness radiating from the TV about from about 2 miles away whenever the new adverts are on. Their whole image is just so bland and inoffensive yet so blatantly marketed towards posh, middle-class knobs... hate them!

Yes talking to appliances really makes them work better. I've heard about talking to plants, but talking to appliances!!!!

Acacia wrote: »
    Ever get the feeling that some advertising executive saw a voice controlled microwave and didn't understand? :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnny D. Mudd

Given my perpetually angry and grouchy state, I have a feeling I'll be posting in this thread for quite a while.But while I'm here, I'd like to bring up another ad that gets me vomiting with rage. It's been brought up once before but I'll bring it up again.

That ****ing Lucozade ad with those Indie, barely-capable-of-being-able-to-hold-a-note bunch of twats. The ad itself has an interesting, albeit unoriginal, concept but they take what is a fantastic song, get the local garage band whose only knowledge of the guitar is power chords, and completely butcher it. It truly pisses me off that this ad exists. I hope those smug pricks who probably compare themselves to Nirvana but are more comparable to Fall Out Boy get what's coming to them. They truly deserve it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

New Safe cross code ads :mad:

Only Judge knew how to cross the road properly , not these american accented little blilly barry nut huggers who demand a code or password for me to be able to cross the bloody road :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Dont hate that 123.ie ad...just curious as to whether thats a mini-me Sean Hughes..or is it his son/brother/relation.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The online dating ad where the two americans are trying to have sex but she bangs her head and he hurts his back etc. Terrible acting and a bad attempt at slapstick.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 willonzo

Any ad where gorgeous real Irish girls are waiting on the line to chat TO YOU! Especially the one with the girl in the very obvious blond wig. It makes me wonder whenever I see them, am I the intended demographic for this ad?

Also, the TK Max ad where the girl explains how it's a lifestyle choice and not just a step above the 2 euro store. Hate the dippy female vocals on the song.

Masterchef Ireland ad, I think its time to call 999 for all three of them in that add.

willonzo wrote: »
    Any ad where gorgeous real Irish girls are waiting on the line to chat TO YOU! Especially the one with the girl in the very obvious blond wig. It makes me wonder whenever I see them, am I the intended demographic for this ad?
    The intended demographic is not looking at what you consider a very obvious blonde wig.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

Sids Not wrote: »
    Dont hate that 123.ie ad...just curious as to whether thats a mini-me Sean Hughes..or is it his son/brother/relation.....:)

an Irish company that.....employs Ivor....(that accent is just plain awful)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Tk maxx girls talking "she never tells me anything" giggle giggle
    "I tell her everything" giggle simper simper giggle

And the boots ad.
    What is with portraying women as simple?!

It's like Don Draper has come up with them.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭sonic85

the RTE guide ad. fcuk me its dire. grab life by the pages? what does that even mean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

The insurance ad (Allianz?) in which your one Stephen is telling us why he's so happy with his insurance policy. Feck off!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement