Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The Eddie Rockets ad. Why does he say 'bashket' instead of 'basket'? And at the end he says 'Real food, retro prices.' Unless the Celtic Tiger is retro now, that's a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The new O2 ad with the 3 Irish rugby players, cringe!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

The Bord Bia ad with a Beardy McSmug rattling on about lamb. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

RVD420 wrote: »
    Show people how to cook it would be more advisable. My husband hated lamb, his mother is an excellent cook, but more recipies made a difference. My conclusion - less BS more recipies.

The new O2 ad with the 3 Irish rugby players, cringe!!!!

Kill me now.... I like this ad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

RVD420 wrote: »

He's not as bad as the REAL Beardy Mcsmug. Be thankfull!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭PashaMasha

sonic85 wrote: »
    the RTE guide ad. fcuk me its dire. grab life by the pages? what does that even mean

Someone from Fair City wrote that slogan no doubt. :rolleyes: Mother of jaysus its a pile of ****e

I love clouds that look like things - WTF.
    I love soaps and the thrill they bring - She better not be refering to Fair City.
    I love clothes that flatter and enhance - No Comment.
    I like the movies that make me cry - Queer.
    Eating new things - ...................
    Sparkly eyes - Kill me now
    I hit the floor and don't care how I dance - LMAO

"Grab life by the pages" Derived from "Grab life by the Balls"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

The Cost plus sofas football chant ad.

It's the one that looks like it was made as a prisoner rehabilitation project on an Atari ST in 1993, where a pair of tuneless male voices (which seem to have been overdubbed a couple of times to suggest a "crowd") chant "cost plooos sooofas. Aaaaaaah." half a dozen times over some tragically poor animation.

It's clearly been made by someone who :

A) has never been to a football match in their lives,
    B) is completely tone deaf, and,
    C) is punchable.

The Cost plus sofas football chant ad.

It's the one that looks like it was made as a prisoner rehabilitation project on an Atari ST in 1993, where a pair of tuneless male voices (which seem to have been overdubbed a couple of times to suggest a "crowd") chant "cost plooos sooofas. Aaaaaaah." half a dozen times over some tragically poor animation.

It's clearly been made by someone who :

A) has never been to a football match in their lives,
    B) is completely tone deaf, and,
    C) is punchable.

Serious nostalgia going on here, I can remember Atari going in the 1980's along with the comadore 64, but were they still going in the 1993??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

'have a happy period' adverts I'm not a girl but I can imagine you never have a happy period.

• Advertisement

The college advert which starts with one woman going "I want this blah blah blah", "I want this..." then pans out to hundreds of people chanting "I want something or other" annoying as fcuk!

The 123.ie jingle

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stephen090

The planet Actimel ad out at the minute with a small child talking near the start..Although, it's so woefully dubbed over by a man in his mid thirties putting on a really atrocious childs voice.. wrecks my head it does :eek:

The mcdonalds advert "but daddy I don't want you to be an astronaut" "why not?" "because you'll be ages coming home" arrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!

justryan wrote: »
    The 123.ie jingle

What annoys me most about this ad is they way that they have other people finishing their sentances, I know it's done for effect, but the effect it gives is that the people participating in the are are incapable of getting a full sentance out all by themselves.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

cofy wrote: »
    What annoys me most about this ad is they way that they have other people finishing their sentances, I know it's done for effect, but the effect it gives is that the people participating in the ad are are incapable of getting a full sentance out all by themselves.

I finished your sentence for you :D

(well I added in a word :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Fun to play with! Not to eat!

Yeah Play-Doh... then don't make things that make your product look like FOOD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Bloody confused.com ads with taht stupid cartoon character that can't sing and the horrible reworked tunes. something about that character makes me very irritated; I think it's the wayward hair and the bulging crossed eyes...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The mcdonalds advert "but daddy I don't want you to be an astronaut" "why not?" "because you'll be ages coming home" arrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!
    Is that ad dubbed?None of the kids in it look Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

darkdubh wrote: »
    Is that ad dubbed?None of the kids in it look Irish.

The kid that does the talking is in Fair City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

The 123.ie jingle

Oh God this ad is the most horrendous thing ever to be put on tv!
    That one saying "employs over" in her exaggerated south dublin accent and your man with the hangover saying "which includes"............Aarrrrrgggghhhh! :mad:
    Everything about this ad is annoying!
    Rant over - thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

what about the latest gillette razors adds - fusion or some crap I think they're called. The prick asking the lads about their current razors comes flying into the bathroom with a big WOOOO, like hes a really fun guy and is about to do something really exciting or something, annoys the heart and soul of me!
    What I'd really like is to be able to test the safety aspect of these razors on this fellas neck...

You are the first person I've talked to (per say) who finds this ad bizarre!
    First he rolls up to the back doors of a gym in an unmarked white van (very strange, slightly scary) - then proceeds through the gym doing his voice over dealy (or whatever you want to call it) and then bursts into the mens room with a WOOOOOOT! - Seriously scary! I mean - I know its a set up and all of that - but its just bloody strange and a bit scary really when you think about it! And as you said - I'd love to test the safety aspect of those razors on his neck .... hoping they FAIL miserably!

Another one that springs to mind was for some insurance company and the dad is walking around the house while his family pack up for a holiday - then as the ad nearly finishes you realize they're going on holiday with his life insurance money because he's dead! WTF, seriously - your Dad/Husband is dead and your happily packing up for a holiday?! Seriously? Whoever wrote that, what in the bloody blazes were they thinking?! Obviously they'd never lost someone important like that in their life - cos once you do a bloody holiday is the last thing on your mind! "Oh, good Dad is dead we're going to Spain now! Was hoping the aul fecker would kick it soon before holidays were over!" - WTF, seriously, I can't even begin to understand that one!

What about the ad for tea for people who are 'all talk'

"I said to my trainer, put more weights on"
    "he said there arrrrreeeee (thick northsider accent) no more"

Seriously WTF?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Oh God this ad is the most horrendous thing ever to be put on tv!
    That one saying "employs over" in her exaggerated south dublin accent and your man with the hangover saying "which includes"............Aarrrrrgggghhhh! :mad:
    Everything about this ad is annoying!
    Rant over - thank you! :)

Worst part of that ad is the bunch of call centre morons doing the mexican wave or something similar behind the animated gameshow host caharcter (or whatever he's supposed to be)...and that damn jingle...grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭killyourtv_

Worst ad is the new Haribo one with the whole family singing.. what is that crap? A link for anyone who hasnt seen it yet.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrGJ0vO_NXs&feature=player_embedded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

the add for the rte guide, omfg ,the grandfather who sings "i hit the floor and dont care how i look" , well let me tell you grandaddy,you re everything i consider a paedophile to look like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

cofy wrote: »
    What annoys me most about this ad is they way that they have other people finishing their sentances, I know it's done for effect, but the effect it gives is that the people participating in the are are incapable of getting a full sentance out all by themselves.

"That employs over..."

"250 people...."

It is the most grating ad on TV at the moment and it is on so often. I switch over. I seriously can't stand it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

It's a flirt shirt!

dere's shhhhumin wrong wit chew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Those damn ads with the meerkats. The only thing more annoying are the twats who have picked up the "Simples" phrase and use it IRL and online. Gob****es.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Wertz wrote: »
    Worst part of that ad is the bunch of call centre morons doing the mexican wave or something similar behind the animated gameshow host caharcter (or whatever he's supposed to be)...and that damn jingle...grrr.

I want to kill them all. The cartoon guy and those waving tosspots in the call centre... no-one is that "animated" in a call centre ... :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement