Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Acacia wrote: »

I read somewhere M&S are getting rid the celabrities in their ads, but I still reckon you'll be able to sense the smugness radiating from the TV about from about 2 miles away whenever the new adverts are on. Their whole image is just so bland and inoffensive yet so blatantly marketed towards posh, middle-class knobs... hate them!

I was right! The one with "Mrs.Jones" playing in the background... smug-central!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

The Cost plus sofas football chant ad.

It's the one that looks like it was made as a prisoner rehabilitation project on an Atari ST in 1993, where a pair of tuneless male voices (which seem to have been overdubbed a couple of times to suggest a "crowd") chant "cost plooos sooofas. Aaaaaaah." half a dozen times over some tragically poor animation.

It's clearly been made by someone who :

A) has never been to a football match in their lives,
    B) is completely tone deaf, and,
    C) is punchable.

"By the roooom get de tv, by the roooom get de tv"

What sad ****ing bastard actually heard that idea for an advert and thought "this is great"?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Acacia wrote: »
    I was right! The one with "Mrs.Jones" playing in the background... smug-central!:p
    Seems like lately almost all ads for womens clothing really overuse the old slow-motion with a song in the background method.

Is there some way to speed up slow-moton back to normal so you can see just how stupid these ads really are?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Absolutely hateful pair of arseholes.
    Two crash test dummies would have had more personality than these two clowns.

Glazers Out!

"you're so money supermarket":mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Isn't that Patrick "Make it So" Stewart doing the voice over for that Money Supermarket? Hard to hate him tbh.

Kirby wrote: »
    Isn't that Patrick "Make it So" Stewart doing the voice over for that Money Supermarket? Hard to hate him tbh.
    If it was Judge "freakin" Reinhold I'd still hate him.
    The most annoying voice on the telly at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Supervalue ad

That's just great, absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

"A ....... died for no reason today".

The Masterchef ad.
    What the hell does she say? :confused:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

el diablo wrote: »
    "A ....... died for no reason today".
    The Masterchef ad. What the hell does she say? :confused:

hake.jpg
    Hake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

That rehab bingo ad with Mary Byrne. Creepy.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

What's with that Calor gas delivery ad?
    The guy looks a bit like Gabriel Byrne, he drives up to the house in the country where the lady of the manor is waiting for him.
    He unloads the gas with this long hose thing into a hole in the ground.
    Then she has a shower, a hand gives her a towel and then she gazes after him and gives him a little wave as he drives off to the next lonely lady. Hmm, all that innuendo for gas- who would have thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

That just for men advert with Figo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

The Paul Whitehouse insurance ads, especially the scottish tap dancing one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

The opening jingle for the Boots ads. Not the ads themselves, they're already bad enough, BUT THAT ANNOYING JINGLE GETS ON MY NERVES SO MUCH!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DesolateWinter

There's a girl in the new "123.ie" Advert that drives me insane. She's the one that says ".... and employs ouuwwwvvver....". Arrrrrrghhh - I don't know if it's the lilt of her voice, but it grates on my nerves big time :mad: . Also, that Gillette Advert with the gobs*ite that runs into the changing rooms should be banned. His exceptional mirth and "All-the-lads-together" attitude bugs me. Not sure, how I'd react if some bloke approached me like that while I'm semi-naked. I'd imagine the guards and/or an ambulance would end up getting involved.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

It's a few years old now, but always worth a hate:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

123.ie ad the girl at the very end reminds me of Keeley Haws from Ashes to Ashes and the Olay Ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

FFS! Now there's a new bord bia ad, this time Beardy McSmug2 is babbling about chicken. It's twice as bad as the first one imo, and if they are gonna go through all the various types of meat I will be driven demented by that clown.

Also, that ad with Lisa "Brrrrrrreakfast" Snowden and Johnny Whatshisname is doing the rounds again :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Is it too late to mention the American beardy McSmug plugging budweiser?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Not sure if this has been posted but it's hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,700 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I used to hate the "Hi, I'm Barry Scott" Cillit Bang ads. The decibel level was outrageous. Then he started to calm down. Now there is a tasty bird doing the ads instead ! Much improved

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Eharmony.co.uk

Does that girl have narcolepsy or something :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Nice one for the screenwipe clip...some of the related ones on top 10 he and she cocks in ads are side splitting, even if I haven't seen all the ads he's referring to...

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

darkdubh wrote: »
    Is it too late to mention the American beardy McSmug plugging budweiser?

The weather guy tool? If so, he ain't american at all, he's Irish and naturally speaks with a country accent. I had the misfortune to meet him on a night out when he was "promoting" budweiser. A dismissive, absolute out & out muppet with the personality of a brick to match. The other bud promotors with him were a good laugh though, having the craic with punters while he just sat there in a strop.

Funny thing is, I didn't mind those ads too much until I met him in person. Now I gotta change channels instantly if he appears or I might end up putting a hammer through the tv. Thankfully, he seems to have shagged off.......for now.

"my name is Hector Evah, wecome to my world"
    Why are they using a south american drug lord to advertise the lottery :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

"my name is Hector Evah, wecome to my world"
    Why are they using a south american drug lord to advertise the lottery :confused:
    Because you get the money the goverment seized from him, as well as all the coke?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

Euro Millions ads with the Granny flying around in a Private Jet. :mad:

Such nonsense!

The fact that The National Lotto have been putting out quality ads for as long as I can remember makes this old fashioned, unoriginal and unfunny sh!te even worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I'm sure it's been mentioned before ..

but if I ever run in to that shouty pr1ck, I'll stab him with one of his own razors.. roaring at a lad as he's shaving .. that sounds like a clever thing to do alright..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

There's a girl in the new "123.ie" Advert that drives me insane. She's the one that says ".... and employs ouuwwwvvver....". Arrrrrrghhh - I don't know if it's the lilt of her voice, but it grates on my nerves big time :mad: . Also, that Gillette Advert with the gobs*ite that runs into the changing rooms should be banned. His exceptional mirth and "All-the-lads-together" attitude bugs me. Not sure, how I'd react if some bloke approached me like that while I'm semi-naked. I'd imagine the guards and/or an ambulance would end up getting involved.

Agreed, that chick on 123.ie ad. Bet she pulled the "card" with her bosses to get in the ad :eek: I just imagine her crying once a week in work cause someone didn't pay attention to her.

I really can get that all from a couple of seconds of the ad :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement