Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

This. His eyes, his face, his hair, his voice... so creepy. Also most ads on setanta are terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Beds Etc.. It has to be intentionally done bad?

The CGI looks like it's from the early 90's, the movement of me one walking to the store (in a black evening dress :confused:) looks like she has **** herself. Not to mention the horrible voice acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

IKEA with the couple throwing things at each other.
    When the girl is going to throw the alarm clock at the mans head, thats just plain scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

chupacabra wrote: »
    Also most ads on setanta are terrible.
    Yeah, including that one for a gourmet burger restaurant where they rhyme mayo with Mayo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Resi12 wrote: »
    Beds Etc.. It has to be intentionally done bad?

The CGI looks like it's from the early 90's, the movement of me one walking to the store (in a black evening dress :confused:) looks like she has **** herself. Not to mention the horrible voice acting.
    I've been saying that myself for quite some time. You'd think as a business that wants to get it's name out there, they'd do better than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Craig Doyle in the UPC ads. He looks like a Ken doll, or a Legoman. Not a hair out of it's plastic place. At times during the ad, he doesn't look at the camera while talking. Makes him look a bit vacant. Or maybe his eyes are just like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,047 ✭✭✭squonk

I can't remember what the ad is about, perhaps it's chewing gum or deodorant but it's a day with product X where some tool is skating around the place from his office, to nearly getting knocked down on the way home and eventually skating into bed. It's all set in an ice rink and looks like a bad 40's musical. There's annoying music in the background too. I particularly hate the bit where asswipe skates by his desk, shuffles some papers, drinks some coffee or something and skates off with a foler while boss in the background notices whizzy skatey boy and thinks 'yes, there aren't enough asswipes in management around here, I must have a chat with skateyboy'. Either that or the boss was equally annoyed and arranged to have the car on the way home 'take care' of skatey boy. I'm hoping it was the second option!

Seriously, isn't it completely wrong where your level of hatred of an ad makes you not even notice what the ad is for in the first place? Complete waste of money IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

squonk wrote: »
    I can't remember what the ad is about, perhaps it's chewing gum or deodorant but it's a day with product X where some tool is skating around the place from his office, to nearly getting knocked down on the way home and eventually skating into bed. It's all set in an ice rink and looks like a bad 40's musical. There's annoying music in the background too. I particularly hate the bit where asswipe skates by his desk, shuffles some papers, drinks some coffee or something and skates off with a foler while boss in the background notices whizzy skatey boy and thinks 'yes, there aren't enough asswipes in management around here, I must have a chat with skateyboy'. Either that or the boss was equally annoyed and arranged to have the car on the way home 'take care' of skatey boy. I'm hoping it was the second option!

Seriously, isn't it completely wrong where your level of hatred of an ad makes you not even notice what the ad is for in the first place? Complete waste of money IMHO.

Here you go

The music is highly annoying.

Why have both tourist boards decided that it is a good thing to have people screaming at us! I suggest they employ Mary Byrne!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Luke from Autoglass is back on:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

Just when you thought pat shortt couldn't sink any lower...... :mad:

Mikosyko wrote: »
    Just when you thought pat shortt couldn't sink any lower...... :mad:
    original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Agh the new Harvey Norman ad is dreadful!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

I hate those annoying Alliaz ads where the randomers give their random advice at the end: "My advice....get locks for your windows." "My advice....get pet insurance."

My advice - FCUK OFF! :mad:

stinkle wrote: »
    Agh the new Harvey Normal ad is dreadful!

Shhhhh or they'll bring back go harvey go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

The radio ads for Hot Press.... Bloody hate that Roisin-what's-her-name's voice :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Elmo wrote: »

trust me, the original is actually better!!!!
    Barna77 wrote: »
    The radio ads for Hot Press.... Bloody hate that Roisin-what's-her-name's voice :mad:

haha I was thinking that this morning, haven't heard those ads in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

stinkle wrote: »
    haha I was thinking that this morning, haven't heard those ads in ages
    Thankfully she disappeared after Electric Picnic. She's back, hell

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Elmo wrote: »

Bring him back those new ads are dire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Oh OHHHHHHHHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH oh. If you don't recognise that it's the stupid ****ing Carlsberg ad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Her face says "jeez thats a whopper! I'm gonna need a bigger brush!"

efb wrote: »

ppl are judging my loo... :eek:
    "Ahhh, madam. Take a seat."

Anyone remember that one?

Such and such has a bee in his bonnet about freedom...in fact if he did have a bee in his bonnet he'd set it free....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

"boys and girls come out to play, together in the park today" that song is like nails scraping on a blackboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

The new ad for One-Direct with the pig-farmer off Ballinaskully.

Fooking shyte. :mad:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

There's a.....new advert for....123...and....its.....even....worse than....before

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Travy1991

The new Harvey Norman ad is absolutely dire!

It's also played non-stop.

"I'm Harvey Norman. I'm Harvey Norman. I'm Harvey Norman. We're Harvey Norman!"
    "We won't be beaten on prices. The best prices! The best proices!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Harvey Norman- employing 400+ scangers for over over 12 years....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

The new Volkswagen ad with the the drawing board showing the various models past, present and future.
    It starts with the camper van ie the 1960s hippy mobile.

Sorry VW, I thought you had an earlier model that was innovative, low cost, fuel efficient and that sold in huge numbers? How come we don't see it being designed in your ad? :p

• Advertisement

That smug prick on the O2 ad doing tricks with the special card.

Very punchable :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement