Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Hate that new Optilase ad with the cross eyed one in it. The face on the guy when she comes out after getting it done says it all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭real stig

I hate the bear in the BirdsEye ads

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

real stig wrote: »
    I hate the bear in the BirdsEye ads

100-percent-campaign-banner.jpg

Haters gon' hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭pavb2

wtfrzl.jpg

how exactly do you ask for a haircut like that in a barber shop?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNZLO7n77jFwjyHN5JOKZcGGLCRhe8os0sFAnw4lx0Vy44E16M8GkCJJBA

Absolutely delighted you did that as I couldn't figure out how to get the ad in to a post,

Here he is in Carry on Screaming

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

'that's it I'm moving to Zurich'

f*cking off with you :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

The vodafone what do you want for crimbo babe ad.

I want to kill that D4 ****ing ****!!! GAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

matthew8 wrote: »
    Eircom ads with your man with a face I would love to punch at the call centre diagnosing problems with connections: Hard to pinpoint why but the voices are annoying, the stories are cheesy and eircom is generally terrible which rules out me liking any of their ads.
    Guess you don't remember the Eircom rat ads then? :)

Regards...jmcc

The ad where the mother is rapidly preparing the dinner while they have horse racing commentary screeching away in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

God I hate that ad for Centra with your one Maeve going around telling people shopping that they need to buy more stuff. If I walked into a shop with someone like her I would walk out in protest and never come back. Thank god Centra don't ACTUALLY have anyone like Maeve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

I hate ads for banks . Hypocritical and pointless for whats basically government funded monopolies which don't give out loans to pretend that they actually do.

I hate the Tesco every little helps adverts where they pretend to actually give a fukk about my family when the reality is they raise their prices whenever they can get away with it or camouflage it.

I hate the adverts for the new terminal in Dublin airport. What a pointless waste of money. Where else are we going to be flying from anyway ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I hate that Eircom ad- the dad is especially creapy! VAH FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

That brutal TK Maxx advert where yer wan badly acts when saying "I thought she knew"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

His voice :confused: Has his mother been mixing downers into his cake mix.

The tkmax ads have a truly horrible irritating jingle that makes me want to kick my fuking radio in :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

That god awful no nonesense.ie ad where a girl mimics a busy ring tone. Fcukin embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I can't beleive the universe has managed to combine three of my most hated things on the planet, but it has happened- the mention of the "C" word 2 monthes before the 25th of December, M&S adverts and the X-Factor.

M&S' latest crapfest marries the not-so-talented cretins of the Annual Glorified Kareoke Competition with their usual whiff of middle-class smugness to start the orgy of Christmas consumerism off even earlier than last year. It's a clusterfcuk of horribleness that manages to squeeze all the cringeworthy banality of Middle-England (and Ireland) into two excruciating minutes.

Worst. Ad. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

I am sure it has been said a hundred times in here, but just to add one more: The go compare ads infuriate me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Maybe this isnt the right thread (mods please move if necessary) but what's with the NoNonsense.ie double decker bus driving around Dublin with no one aboard? I've seen it in all sorts of places. Never any passengers, also with the weird decoration of the bus (buses?), it would seem like anyone travelling on it cant see outside

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Dermighty wrote: »
    The vodafone what do you want for crimbo babe ad.

I want to kill that D4 ****ing ****!!! GAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

etc.
    WTF,they havent brought that back surely?

Freddie Flintoff. Someone punch him in the balls! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

There is one I think for An Post with old women swimming in the sea. When a young man comes walking past one of them takes a photo of his arse on her mobile without him knowing and they all start cackling.
    Jesus, could you imagine the backlash if they had had old men taking a photo of a girl in her swimsuit instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

That 123.ie does my head in but the worst of them all is that downright terrible Pat Shortt one direct 1890 ad, jaysus i cringe every time that is on and it's on a LOT,contender for the most annoying ad of all time:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

jonnny68 wrote: »
    That 123.ie does my head in but the worst of them all is that downright terrible Pat Shortt one direct 1890 ad, jaysus i cringe every time that is on and it's on a LOT,contender for the most annoying ad of all time:(

Yeah, I agree that ad is embarrassing. "double double double Whan direct.ie" :rolleyes: Fúcking gombeen.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Any Vodafone add for the last 5 years, absolutely annoying and terrible. Main reason why I will never sign up for Vodafone while they continue to give us those terrible adds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

stinkle wrote: »
    Maybe this isnt the right thread (mods please move if necessary) but what's with the NoNonsense.ie double decker bus driving around Dublin with no one aboard? I've seen it in all sorts of places. Never any passengers, also with the weird decoration of the bus (buses?), it would seem like anyone travelling on it cant see outside

That's a corporate shuttle Ferries slaves to and from the multiple IDA's in blanch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Diving Board

Xmas O2 advert, just been on and hate it already,
    "its a feeling we all have at this time of the year"...yeah skint, now jog on you mug!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,360 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Acacia wrote: »
    I can't beleive the universe has managed to combine three of my most hated things on the planet, but it has happened- the mention of the "C" word 2 monthes before the 25th of December, M&S adverts and the X-Factor.

M&S' latest crapfest marries the not-so-talented cretins of the Annual Glorified Kareoke Competition with their usual whiff of middle-class smugness to start the orgy of Christmas consumerism off even earlier than last year. It's a clusterfcuk of horribleness that manages to squeeze all the cringeworthy banality of Middle-England (and Ireland) into two excruciating minutes.

Worst. Ad. Ever.

^^^ this! Completely agree. I find it totally nauseating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭swordofislam

The McDonald's ad where the kid says 'the moon is millions of miles away'. It isn't you little bastard! And all the kids being middle class.

'Look McDonald's isn't just for skangers!'

Yeah it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

New halfords ad with kids screaming on bikes. Horrible. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement