Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

Acacia wrote: »
    I can't beleive the universe has managed to combine three of my most hated things on the planet, but it has happened- the mention of the "C" word 2 monthes before the 25th of December, M&S adverts and the X-Factor.

M&S' latest crapfest marries the not-so-talented cretins of the Annual Glorified Kareoke Competition with their usual whiff of middle-class smugness to start the orgy of Christmas consumerism off even earlier than last year. It's a clusterfcuk of horribleness that manages to squeeze all the cringeworthy banality of Middle-England (and Ireland) into two excruciating minutes.

Worst. Ad. Ever.

The first woman to sing in that sounds like a seal being clubbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

The argos ad.. with the paedophile alien mother

Very creepy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I saw that ad yesterday and was also weirded out by the alien mother fancying a child...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

The ambrosia ad with the custard annoyed me. I love the baby ad with happy birthday too you for the unicef ad. So cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

While on my way to my latest perfume launch....I wondered how women could do so much and still smell great..

Still haven't worked out if this ad is a pis*take or not. Either way, it's shi*e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Go compare.

nuff said

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

"Tech-no" guy and the rest of Steve Ballmer's clones family.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Craig Doyle *sigh* on the ad for RTÉ's new programme "The Social."

First he says they're going to talk about the things no-one else is talking about...

...but then in the next sentence he says they're going to be talking about the most popular "trending" topics.

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Boots - ''here come the girls'' theme tune. Obviously us blokes aren't welcome in their sexist stores eh ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

You pretencious pretencious pretencious pretencious fúck !!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Hate this ad what a wanker

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Very creepy

Caroline Flack must be doing the voice over for the mother alien :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

psychward wrote: »
    Boots - ''here come the girls'' theme tune. Obviously us blokes aren't welcome in their sexist stores eh ?

Continuing this theme, I remember a while back there was an ad that said "if there's one thing a woman's good at, it's many things" when she was decorating a room. I thought she was about to do a variety of things like putting up shelves and other things to try and smash some stereotypes, but then all the does is talk on the phone and to some guys lifting a couch and get the men to do the many things, it didn't make sense to me

matthew8 wrote: »
    Continuing this theme, I remember a while back there was an ad that said "if there's one thing a woman's good at, it's many things" when she was decorating a room. I thought she was about to do a variety of things like putting up shelves and other things to try and smash some stereotypes, but then all the does is talk on the phone and to some guys lifting a couch and get the men to do the many things, it didn't make sense to me

Sexist campaigns love to portray men as idiots and get away with it due to an apparently tolerated double standard. The ''Dove Pro Age campaign'' irritates me too. Growing old sucks and everyone knows it apart from Dove apparently... but in this case it's also all about women as though men never use Dove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

lolol ... :D:D:D I'd wondered how this ad had never got a mention..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I hate that littlewoods ad- mum went into debt to buy this crass tacky presents- Jesus wept...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Very creepy

That is seriously seriously SERIOUSLY weird :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

There's this ad i've just heard on the radio for a car, something like "how would you like a car that does 83 Kilometers - maybe he said miles - to the gallon".
    What kind of a question is that? What the fk is a gallon? I buy my petrol in litres. If they are going to blind me with figures, why can't they be meaningful?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

That cartoony VHI ad with the woman who's worried about her tiny babies and her husband (who is shown to be an incompetent moron bewildered by the kitchen) ....what, did VHI come out and show him how to cook? Did the VHI perform the caesarean?!

"All I had to do was sign a form" - ante-natal care and hospital stay and treatment for childbirth is free in this country for f*ck's sake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnny D. Mudd

lolol ... :D:D:D I'd wondered how this ad had never got a mention..

"Could you rephrase the question?"

OK, why are you such a smug irritating little vacuous p**** whose face deserves to be smashed into the floor with a wooden mallet until your chiselled features are reduced to a bloody husk as you choke so unceremoniously on your own vomit, while the rest of us celebrate your unmerciful thrashing with the kind of enthusiasm only afforded to the castration of paedophiles?

You pompous, smirking little c***.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Getting fed up with these Nikon adverts with Robbie Williams asking people to take a photo and his dumb reaction afterwards. Then the voiceover guy going on about 'I am this, I am that, I am a Nikon' followed by the whiney tune kicking in at the end, 'Aaaaaahhhh aaaahhhhh'. F*ck off.

The Jimmy Wales appeal for more dosh on Wikipedia is really starting to get on my nerves as it takes up half the page and is awkward to remove.

I put the search terms : ''fück off Jimmy Wales'' into Google and it appears I am not alone :D
    I was not even the first person who inputed those search terms :pac:

Getting fed up with these Nikon adverts with Robbie Williams asking people to take a photo and his dumb reaction afterwards. Then the voiceover guy going on about 'I am this, I am that, I am a Nikon' followed by the whiney tune kicking in at the end, 'Aaaaaahhhh aaaahhhhh'. F*ck off.

Yeah but the cat on the back of the tortoise is fu*king brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

And all the kids being middle class.

Isn't that the problem with a lot of Irish tele!! Oh wait, there's also bad acting....:D

Liv Tyler - she's just tried soooooooooo many skincare products. My heart is actually bleeding for her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Luke from autoglass just go away!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

A world without adverts would be a better place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Toppy

http://youtu.be/INJ5Q16EntU

at the moment I find this ad absolutely intolerable! hate everything about it from the incredibly annoying kids, to the rapping and the tedious way they pronounce the word mother. cannot stand it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Murphys ice-cream - ad make in conjunction with aib

Complete rip-off of Ben and jerrys ads imo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement