Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

amdublin wrote: »
    Murphys ice-cream - ad make in conjunction with aib

Complete rip-off of Ben and jerrys ads imo
    Notice how they wrote "Seans Wife" with an arrow pointing at her for no reason whatsoever.
    I think it was to convince any homophobes that the two men aren't a couple, in case they boycott their ice cream.
    Just realised that they are brothers. Oops!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Notice how they wrote "Seans Wife" with an arrow pointing at her for no reason whatsoever.
    I think it was to convince any homophobes that the two men aren't a couple, in case they boycott their ice cream.

Interesting! I just saw it for the first time today. I will watch it more carefully next time it's on.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

Toppy wrote: »
    http://youtu.be/INJ5Q16EntU

at the moment I find this ad absolutely intolerable! hate everything about it from the incredibly annoying kids, to the rapping and the tedious way they pronounce the word mother. cannot stand it!

...my lovely lovely mubhva?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Microsoft at with the dancing dad. Apple is to your cool older brother as Microsoft is to your dad embaressing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I think it's meant to be a pisstake of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,872 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Any of the Go Compare ads.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Lyons talk in the tea ad.

The one with the smart @rse husband making digs at his wife for daring to spend her money on her hair.

If my husband went on like that after drinking lyons tea there'd be no more lyons coming into the house.

Btw her hair is not blonde either so I don't know what he's going on about :confused:

matthew8 wrote: »

Nope don't think so unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

matthew8 wrote: »

Nope don't think so unfortunately.

A homage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Lyons talk in the tea ad.

There arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr no more weights :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Stupid focking littlewoods ad and the argos ad (one with aliens)... and of course the M&S X factor ad...it's enough to put me off saturday night TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Pat Shortt,

YOU ARE A FUNKING SELL OUT AND I WANT TO PUNCH THE HEAD OFF YOU FOR THOSE STUPID, HEAVILY REPEATED ONE DIRECT ADS. SHOVE YOUR 1890 NUMBER UP YOUR HOLE!

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

That current eircom ad really is the definition of cringe, that "brett from Albuquerque" and that french grind thing, jesus, if hitting those stereotypes as well as that was the intention, fair play..

Either way, that ad is catastrophic..

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

Access wrote: »
    Pat Shortt,

YOU ARE A FUNKING SELL OUT AND I WANT TO PUNCH THE HEAD OFF YOU FOR THOSE STUPID, HEAVILY REPEATED ONE DIRECT ADS. SHOVE YOUR 1890 NUMBER UP YOUR HOLE!

Rant over.
    The first one (22-22-22) was pretty good. Then they fecked it up with "wundirect.ieee"

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

LiamN wrote: »
    The first one (22-22-22) was pretty good. Then they fecked it up with "wundirect.ieee"

Pretty good???? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The ad for J20 drink with the camp man doing tongue twisters is very annoying.
    Who thinks up this rubbish?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭rossieboy

That bloody Carlsburg ad for Euro 2012..

When the crowd keeps cheering "wayooo wayooo"

Gets on my tits!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

Zonda999 wrote: »
    That current eircom ad really is the definition of cringe, that "brett from Albuquerque" and that french grind thing, jesus, if hitting those stereotypes as well as that was the intention, fair play..

Either way, that ad is catastrophic..

Yep. The implication here seems to be that the au pair is going to sexually abuse the boys. Otherwise, what's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

psychward wrote: »
    There arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr no more weights :D

Love that ad. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Why do they talk in American accents?Is it part of the Ben/ Jerry homage thing?It's annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Did someone dose the choir singers in that Toy Appeal (very worthy cause) advert with a roomful of helium? Incredibly grating, nasally choral work...almost sounds like it was tweaked with autotune...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭marketty

Might have been mentioned already, those 'function in an eeeeeeeelegant form' Audi ads on Discovery...unbelievably irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

Christmas Christmas Christmas....shut the fûck up! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

1/ Brennans bread, a dose was da bleedin g'ood oul days in moore street (vomit), in a real ould mouldy dublin accent.

2/ Fleetwood wood would would they ever f*** off with their bog-standard 1970s bargain basement rubbish adverts.

3/ Under d'tree at Spar ads for slow learners, thats right Mr slow put it on the lower shelf with d'lower prices . . .

Machine guns the TV :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

darkdubh wrote: »
    Why do they talk in American accents?Is it part of the Ben/ Jerry homage thing?It's annoying.

They are American.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

There's a really scary ad on at the moment, I'm not sure what it's for tho.

There's a really scary child in it going "maaaaaammy" "I'm thirsty, I want a glass of water" and then makes a really creety face. Burn the demon child!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

Mikosyko wrote: »
    Pretty good???? :confused:
    It was effective enough - it's hard to get that 22222 out of your (my..) head

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I see Bulmers are back with that pathetic Xmass ad they've been showing the last couple of years.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

e-mobile lead the field in cringeworthy, devoid-of-inspirtation, patronising adverts and they've kept to their usual standard with their Xmas advert.

What an eminently punchable, family. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Temaz wrote: »
    Luke from autoglass just go away!

You mean you don't want him to inject his 'special' resin ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement