Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Don't know where to post this.

But, I've just seen the Guiness ad.

On Sky.

At the end of Barca's milling of Mourinho's Mullikers.

Heaven!

Christmas is here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

That kid in the Aviva ad is giving me the creeps:(," I need a drrrriinnkk".

*quivers with goose bumps*:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

I hate all adverts...They drive me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Zonda999 wrote: »
    That current eircom ad really is the definition of cringe, that "brett from Albuquerque" and that french grind thing, jesus, if hitting those stereotypes as well as that was the intention, fair play..

Either way, that ad is catastrophic..
    Not as bad as the Eircom rat ads but you'd almost need subtitles to understand the mangled Deefer accents. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What is going on with Eircom? Their ads are just horrific, the new Christmas one with all those horrible cheesy closeups of people who are clearly not related trying to act like a family after Brett from Albuquerque and bunking off to a festival, how are they so bad? Im guessing someones niece or nephew got the nod for that job at Eircom in the great Irish tradition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

What the fûck has interpretive dance got to do with paying a tv licence? I wanna shoot that fûckface! :mad:

Also all those stupid fragrance ads. The smug pricks in those ads put me off buying them.

"Do you have the code?" Er no now pìss off!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Stupid ads set in a video game shop where the guy just hands out games for free to his friends:confused:
    Hope the next one in the series shows his boss having him arrested for theft.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Mikosyko wrote: »
    What the fûck has interpretive dance got to do with paying a tv licence? I wanna shoot that fûckface! :mad:

Also all those stupid fragrance ads. The smug pricks in those ads put me off buying them.

"Do you have the code?" Er no now pìss off!! :mad:
    Those tv license ads are the pits.Pathetic attempt at surreal humour, the one with the rabbit as well.The intended effect is,"wtf" was all that about?" but it just falls flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

1980s esb ads thats been pulled from the archives

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Vhi ad, "and your husband and your tiny babies", does she think her husband is totally incapable???No wonder VHI subs are costing me an arm and a leg, it seems to be on tv every 2 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

That one with some guy sitting at a press conference and a man asks if some women should repeat the question really annoys me, no idea what it's for or why it's on.

Those ads clearly done in non English then dubbed, badly, to English really annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Without a doubt the worst ad at the moment is the Thomas Gear ad , that man is creepy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t31gCssTBiQ

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Tulipout

The amount of supervalu adds on with that chef lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Tulipout wrote: »

Yeah, he looks like the friendly guy at the start of the film who turns out to be the serial killer, and who tries to butcher the heroine after slicing up her boyfriend with his kitchen knife. He seems to enjoy scoring the meat just that little bit too much!

Yer wan who sources the ham is some little royde though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

amdublin wrote: »
    Lyons talk in the tea ad.

The one with the smart @rse husband making digs at his wife for daring to spend her money on her hair.

If my husband went on like that after drinking lyons tea there'd be no more lyons coming into the house.

Btw her hair is not blonde either so I don't know what he's going on about :confused:

+1. Those sexist ads putting me off Lyons for life. The radio ad has him giving out about his wifes shoe collection.Ugh they drive me mad

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

The gay Bord na Mona advert - the person who came up with this concept just had to be taking the p**s :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

panda100 wrote: »
    +1. Those sexist ads putting me off Lyons for life. The radio ad has him giving out about his wifes shoe collection.Ugh they drive me mad

The one with the two "weightlifters" chatting in their office is the best one.

"Put on more weights, There aaarrrre no more". :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

fricatus wrote: »
    Tulipout wrote: »

Yeah, he looks like the friendly guy at the start of the film who turns out to be the serial killer, and who tries to butcher the heroine after slicing up her boyfriend with his kitchen knife. He seems to enjoy scoring the meat just that little bit too much!

Yer wan who sources the ham is some little royde though!

He was a bit too obsessed with the chicken he was grasping so much so that he wouldn't even make eye contact with the Supervalue worker he was talking to

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

zac8 wrote: »
    The gay Bord na Mona advert - the person who came up with this concept just had to be taking the p**s :pac:

They have other ones just as stupid. bring back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

The one for Sister Act the musical drives me mad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Elmo wrote: »
    They have other ones just as stupid. bring back

John Sheahan is still playing it years later (without the Bord Na Móna propaganda :D ) .. Here he is at Dundalk Music school earlier this year... He's a real gent is John.. love the way he says "give yourselves a round of applause.. not me"... I'd love to meet him..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 eleven1

118 :mad::mad::mad:

Aldi. The club loving OAP.

Also the ad with the four gobshîtes running down the mountain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Ikea... feck off with your singing sh1te!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I like the gay BNM ad- I hate boots ads that make men out to be idiots and women multi tasking saviours

I buy all my own medication - generic brand from my local chemist and I'm not a blundering idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

The Bord na Mona gay ad. Seriously, whoever said... 'yeah, thats a good idea, that's a fair representation of our company' should be shot.

One time coca cola ads at xmas were nice with the holidays are coming jingle...this year they have that talentless fùckwit natasha bedingfield screeching throughout! :mad:
    First Duffy and now this....thing! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

This ad is like nails on a chalk board to me.

The guy's accent is so put on like hes trying to suppress his real one, i.e. common as muck 'innit bruv' accent.

cringe worthy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Worst ad ever: -

Takes a long time to figure out what its for (I thought it was for Always!) Don't think 2012 could get worse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement