Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

In that "Brett from Albaquirke" ad when the mother suddenly pops up from behind the table it kind of looks like she's been doing you know what to hubby.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnny D. Mudd

I just saw a new ad for Smart Yaris with some gonk rapping white-boy and now feel like reconsidering my view on launching a world-wide mass extermination of the entire human race.

Thank you Yaris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I hate Halifax ads- fcuk off stupid ads

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Beds Etc. just seem to be getting worse, with their new ad featuring a bizarre, even-more-awkwardly-animated-than-the-humans, country-singing dog.

It looks bad enough when it's teetering around on its hind legs looking like it's about to fall over, but when it's lying in the bed at the end it just looks plain wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Beds Etc. just seem to be getting worse, with their new ad featuring a bizarre, even-more-awkwardly-animated-than-humans, country-singing dog.

It looks bad enough when it's teetering around on its hind legs looking like it's about to fall over, but when it's lying in the bed at the end it just looks plain wrong.
    God yeah, its like a horrific 1989 attempt at Pixar animation, what company actually charged money for graphics that awful?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

ANY price comparison ad. Whichever one is on more commonly. Go compare and confused.com are torture on the ears, while most of the others have bad acting. I never knew there was a massive market for price comparison sites that they control half the advertisements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Beds Etc. just seem to be getting worse, with their new ad featuring a bizarre, even-more-awkwardly-animated-than-the-humans, country-singing dog.

It baffles belief alright.
    Surely the advertising agency advised against it, if even out of moral decency!

Also, it reminds me of 'Poochy' in the Simpsons

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

The promo for the new Sky series "Got to Dance"

Ever single prick in the poxy thing looks the most over the top camp fcukin w*nkbag you could ever encounter.

I honestly wouldn't be bothered if a massive fire engulfed the studio.

Shut up you C*NTS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The new Harvey Norman one about the big sale. <wanky voice>"BIIIIIGGG"</wanky voice> :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

123.ie:

This is Tim, he plays football, he's common as muck just like you so buy our product!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

The M&S food adverts.

Even though the food looks delicious and it's a very well made ad, the sound of the smug voiceover provokes a little bit of resentment in me.

Something about how he pronounces his 'S's

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭MiseryCat

Most annoying ads on tv are those sponser children,Dogs,Tigers even a ****ing Donkey all Guilt trip crap and If you see those food ads they will show a healthy Diet foods eg Special K cereals then after that show a big fat disgusting double burger from burger King.Seriously annoying"(

MiseryCat wrote: »
    Most annoying ads on tv are those sponser children,Dogs,Tigers even a ****ing Donkey all Guilt trip crap and If you see those food ads they will show a healthy Diet foods eg Special K cereals then after that show a big fat disgusting double burger from burger King.Seriously annoying"(

They've even got them in the cinema with Saiorse Ronan :)

I thought at the end the tag line would be something like "For just €2 a week you can adopt a film today"

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Maximum 40 Characters

Yon Haribo one where the little girl is acting like the tough police officer also the Just For Men hair dye where the widower comes in from work and his daughter says "It's time Dad". Aye it's time for you to join your mother ya wee effer.

Wkd ads.Big burly fellas playing darts and watching the footy drinking blue wkd. Aye right ya are

Stompbox wrote: »

The saddest part of that ad is that there is an army of women like that in the UK and Ireland. Women who've given up on trying to be healthy and look after themselves, and take comfort in each other's company, so they don't feel guilty while eating crap and not exercising.

I really feel sorry for them as I would say a lot of them never had parents to teach them about a healthy lifestyle

• Registered Users Posts: 13,714 ✭✭✭✭briany

An unspoken nod to the demographic the ad is targeted at maybe.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

coonecb1 wrote: »
    They've even got them in the cinema with Saiorse Ronan :)

I thought at the end the tag line would be something like "For just €2 a week you can adopt a film today"

That Saoirse Ronan ad is a fantastic piece of work, the way they put her into the various scenes. I also like the Breast Check ad with the young girl who gets progressively older as the ad continues, very clever.

Back to adverts I despise....

The Head and Shoulders ad with the football commentary, never have I wanted to be deaf so badly :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Harvey Norman
    Harvey Norman
    Harvey Norman
    Harvey Norman
    Harvey Norman

....wheres the fcuking mute button ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Can I mention an advert that I love, and that unfortunately is no longer with us?

Bring it back, bring back the Moro ad.

"What do you want to make those eyes at me for, when they dont mean what they say...."

"Durty"

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Ladbrokes mobile with that Italian guy screaming his head off :mad:

Dunphy's McDonald's ad.....shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

darkdubh wrote: »
    In that "Brett from Albaquirke" ad when the mother suddenly pops up from behind the table it kind of looks like she's been doing you know what to hubby.

"The connection's gone down....AGAIN!" Tell you what, you impudent little cow, here's a free trip to see your redneck-fapping-on-the-web-cam-fella, courtesy of the toe of my boot!

Cripes on a bike, WHY do advetisers think cheeky little cnuts like this endear themselves to consumers???:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

washiskin wrote: »
    ...impudent little cow...

My feelings exactly! If she was my daughter she'd be told "well darling, if it matters to you that much, fix it (or pay for it) yourself, because I have bigger things to worry about than Brett from fcuking Albuquerque!"

efb wrote: »

I hate Halifax ads- fcuk off stupid ads

A mate of mine spent some time working on contract within Halifax and described their corporate culture as being like a cult - pictures of that annoying guy Howard Brown from all the ads everywhere, and loads of touchy-feely staff surveys: "do you feel that the Halifax brand inspires members of the public to feel better about their community?" etc.

In that light, the ads where they're all earnestly singing some soppy song about (awww) "being there" (where exactly?) are no surprise.

This is a multi-million plc which has been bailed out to the tune of thirty-odd billion by the British treasury, and which has been linked with the arms trade and systemic dodgy-dealings in its mortgage brokership arm. I feel sick...

MiseryCat wrote: »
    Most annoying ads on tv are those sponser children,Dogs,Tigers even a ****ing Donkey all Guilt trip crap

Look at this miserable donkey called Sandy. He was rescued from Gypsies weighing only 10 stone and we've nursed him back to health. If you send us two pounds a day, we can save more donkeys... why the fcuk would I want to do that?

I hate animal cruelty too but this is just pure sentimentalist shiite! It just makes these bloody bleeding-heart animal "lovers" feel better about themselves. It's not like there's a shortage of donkeys! Poor animals like that should be put out of their misery and save the money for something useful, like buying ball-stringing-up machines for the people who abused the poor donkeys in the first place.

I disagree with you on the tigers though... they're endangered. Imagine a world without tigers... :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

Any of the Renault ads.

Either badly dubbed, generally sh!t or both... and they seem to be on every single RTE adbreak.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The ad for the new movie The Artist. It's a pity the marketing people couldn't have gone the route of the movie and just go with a silent ad.

Any movie ad were "real" people tell you how go it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I really hate the Renault Bounce back ability television advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

The Aviva advert where the woman gets up in the middle of night to go to her crying child. First of all the child's crying is uber creepy but her reaction is what pains me............he wants water for **** sake, he didn't ask you for a bag of skittles !
    Also
    The new ad for milk showing various ppl having epileptic spasms.......who comes up with this crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

That Eircom add is most off.

The whole thing is an allegory for rape.

So as far as the product is concerned,
    Eircom 8MB - NGB is useful because it allows:

- Your swooning 11 year not be molested by some cougar french bird.
    - Your 15 year old will continue to be 'groomed' with ease by some cam-fapping dirt bag in the US, so she won't jump ship to 'Rapesville' Tenessee, just yet!

(or mabey I'm looking at this from the wrong angle :D )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I think the new Merc ad is a work of art

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement