Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Plankton1

Dunphy in the McDonalds ad....cannot stand it! Also the ad where Ray Winstone's giant head appears in the pub shouting betting tips at the lads. Get off my TV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

The bank ads voiced by Stephen Merchant give me the creeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

That ad for the water company bragging about how they don't spend money on silly things like advertising techniques.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

matthew8 wrote: »
    That ad for the water company bragging about how they don't spend money on silly things like advertising techniques.

When Irony backfires.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

That Pantene ad with all the fake science:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

The Aldi ad where the obese chap is eating Aldi's version of Special K. :mad:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

The ad with the guy going on holidays with his family, and getting cheered along the way.

It seems to be on every ad break on every channel all the time :confused:

The message seems to be that it you go all-inclusive you'll never get a better feeling in your life.

Well, that's not like any package holiday I've ever been on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

That Aon Insurance ad with the Man U players.

If Ryan Giggs' passion for car insurance was replicated on the pitch, he would be retired about 6 years now....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,047 ✭✭✭squonk

telekon wrote: »
    That Aon Insurance ad with the Man U players.

If Ryan Giggs' passion for car insurance was replicated on the pitch, he would be retired about 6 years now....

Yup, that's just a sad ad. It's way up there with the ad for some other financial institution with Jensen Button on it. What's worse, as I'm not a sports fan, I only recognise Giggs and the rest of the ad is a bunch of randomers in Man U jerseys spouting off about insurance. Pathetic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

el diablo wrote: »
    The Aldi ad where the obese chap is eating Aldi's version of Special K. :mad:

An obese dude eating Special K is called honest advertising ;)

• Advertisement

squonk wrote: »
    I only recognise Giggs and the rest of the ad is a bunch of randomers in Man U jerseys spouting off about insurance. Pathetic!

I hate that type of advertising . It's basic message is ''I am 8 years old , x dude in sports jersey is my hero. He gets product y here and I copy him because I am impressionable unthinking clone and want to be like him when I grow up and not only that but I am also going to swallow any propaganda thrown at me for my whole life by the media while they distract me with something completely irrelevant like some dude in a sports jersey '' . The fatal flaw is 9 year olds don't buy insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭simit

The Go Gompare adds do my head in. I'd love to get that cat funt in a boxing ring for 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,047 ✭✭✭squonk

psychward wrote: »
    I hate that type of advertising . It's basic message is ''I am 8 years old , x dude in sports jersey is my hero. He gets product y here and I copy him because I am impressionable unthinking clone and want to be like him when I grow up and not only that but I am also going to swallow any propaganda thrown at me for my whole life by the media while they distract me with something completely irrelevant like some dude in a sports jersey '' . The fatal flaw is 9 year olds don't buy insurance.

Agreed! What struck me immediately was how they were hoping to attract general punters who supported other teams or didn't know who these players were? I assume they're all players! Frankly it could be Gigsy and a bunch of fans and I'd be none the wiser. If I was a Spurs fan, I'd doubt seeing some Man U heads would make me run out to buy insurance from the company they're advertising! Strange!

Agreed! What struck me immediately was how they were hoping to attract general punters who supported other teams or didn't know who these players were? I assume they're all players! Frankly it could be Gigsy and a bunch of fans and I'd be none the wiser. If I was a Spurs fan, I'd doubt seeing some Man U heads would make me run out to buy insurance from the company they're advertising! Strange!

Perhaps insure.ie want to be associated with the sponsors of Man U, AON.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Has anyone seen the ads for the windows with Reg Holdsworth from Corrie?
    Super tacky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Has anyone seen the ads for the windows with Reg Holdsworth from Corrie?
    Super tacky.

Nope...but I like them already!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭emick

This Aldi advert is where the guy is wondering which breakfast cereal is lowest in sugar (or is it fat?). He is wearing a red dress and at the end of the advert says 'but this dress is too tight'. wtf? Awful, awful and more awful.

Then in the same advert break ...

The equally awful lotto advert and what they would endure in oder to win the lotto.....up comes a clip of guy wearing a red dress walking through Dublin. This is not making me buy any more lotto tickets.

Then in the same advert break.....

The worst advert on TV. The renault bounce advert. Two overweight shirtless guys body slamming. Instead of being shirtless .....why not just put both of them in a red dress!! That would be original.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mr Seanny

Ha ha I think Autoglass have outdone themselves with their new advert. The guy in the black hoodie looks more like he'd rob ya than fix your window!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Elmo wrote: »

Three posters with the same avatar... I'm uncomfortable on all of your behalfs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

That ad with some annoying woman trying to get the public to use wet wipes to wipe their arses with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

That Eircom add is most off.

The whole thing is an allegory for rape.

So as far as the product is concerned,
    Eircom 8MB - NGB is useful because it allows:

- Your swooning 11 year not be molested by some cougar french bird.
    - Your 15 year old will continue to be 'groomed' with ease by some cam-fapping dirt bag in the US, so she won't jump ship to 'Rapesville' Tenessee, just yet!

(or mabey I'm looking at this from the wrong angle :D )

I LOL'd at this comment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The Vodafone Christmas ad made my stomach turn. That knobhead coming out of the airport.

Superbus wrote: »
    Three posters with the same avatar... I'm uncomfortable on all of your behalfs.

it's one of the default avatars and I've been too lazy/disinterested/unmotivated/uninspired to change it yet

it's one of the default avatars and I've been too lazy/disinterested/unmotivated/uninspired to change it yet

I have been here longest, I feel worried on my own behalf!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

BBC3 ad for "New Music on Radio 1". Feckin' hate this ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

That ad with some annoying woman trying to get the public to use wet wipes to wipe their arses with.
    Weird, chirpy, pervert woman comes into a workplace, asks all the women to join her in the toilet, tells them to go in and wipe their holes while she stands outside the cubicle and then asks them how did it feel when they come out.
    I find that ad/her really creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

the new milk ads with the actors going stupid dance around the place until they drink a glass of milk, makes no sence.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

cats.life wrote: »
    the new milk ads with the actors going stupid dance around the place until they drink a glass of milk, makes no sence.

Is that the one with the plastic figures going crazy and shouting MIIIILK!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Is that the one with the plastic figures going crazy and shouting MIIIILK!!!!
    one of them is with two teenagers (boy and girl) baby sitting a boy , they went to kiss but she went all shivery and the hand went to lead her to the fridge for milk, then the little boy turned on the light behind the couch and said 'im telling on you' girl said 'telling what? about you still up at 11.30? boy runs cos the lights on car shines in the window cos mum and dad are home.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

cats.life wrote: »
    one of them is with two teenagers (boy and girl) baby sitting a boy , they went to kiss but she went all shivery and the hand went to lead her to the fridge for milk, then the little boy turned on the light behind the couch and said 'im telling on you' girl said 'telling what? about you still up at 11.30? boy runs cos the lights on car shines in the window cos mum and dad are home.,

Oh ya I've seen that, A total cringe fest altogether.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement