Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Has anyone seen the ads for the windows with Reg Holdsworth from Corrie?
    Super tacky.

Just saw it now. Whats with the midget at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

telekon wrote: »
    Nope...but I like them already!! :D
    Just for you :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Don't despise it but just saw new asics sport ad: "I'm made of....."

It just really reminds me of the iams ad "I am an iams cat"

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

The Goodfellas ad with the awful Italian-American stereotype. "Foind dat kid wit ma pizza", "I saw da face of Maria Sofia".....eugh. Fúck off.

Eircom ads with the extremely annoying family getting broadband from that gimp Jim with the stupid facial hair.

The Aviva ad with the evil demon child. "I need a drink..."; the mother should give him holy water and call a priest 'cause that thing needs an exorcism!

And that milk ad cats.life mentioned is terrible.
    Is that the one with the plastic figures going crazy and shouting MIIIILK!!!!

Ah now, couldn't be that. Those ads are fantastic! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The Aviva ad with the evil demon child. "I need a drink..."; the mother should give him holy water and call a priest 'cause that thing needs an exorcism!

MaaaaaaMMMMMMYyyyyyyyyy

Creepiest ad ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

The Goodfellas ad with the awful Italian-American stereotype. "Foind dat kid wit ma pizza", "I saw da face of Maria Sofia".....eugh. Fúck off.

Eircom ads with the extremely annoying family getting broadband from that gimp Jim with the stupid facial hair.

And that milk ad cats.life mentioned is terrible.

Ah now, couldn't be that. Those ads are fantastic! :D

The worst and weirdest part of that ad is when the guy asks the kid what she said, and he says "She said... eat me!" Eh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Those Toyota Auris ads that seem to be on every 10 minutes.

"It's like insert >>totally random thing that's nothing to do with driving a car<<.
    When you drive it - you'll understand".

:confused:

e.g.
    "It's like getting a kick up the a*se while being told you're being made redundant.
    When you drive it - you'll understand."

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

Girl on the ******* platform
    She was a natural blond etc etc.

I wish someone would stick his ukelele up his anus and push him in front of the next train.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

The ad for Tour America with Ian Dempsey is truly awful,he looks so uncomfortable,it's a cringefest!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

This billboard with Ray Darcy's shaved head on it with a caption along the lines of : ''nobody looks stupid fighting cancer''

Yes you do Darcy you are an insufferable tool

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy
    The one that goes "Goodnight, My Love, your mommy is sleeping beside you...".

I find it stupid, on the pizza ad (Dr. Oetker, I think) - the vegetables on the pizza don't look cooked at all, especially the onions. Just looks like a cheese pizza with vegetables put on it after cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

People blindfolded and brought into a filthy hovel so they can smell everything!
    It says they are real people, not actors:mad: bull****. They are obviously very bad actors.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Just seen 2 on itv during football.

1 for ing bank with a freaky looking donkey telling a just as freaky looking mole his life story. Pointless ad. Another with some bloke dressed up as a granny on a scooter saying a load of waffle which yiu then find out is an ad for a property website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

LiamN wrote: »
    Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy
    The one that goes "Goodnight, My Love, your mommy is sleeping beside you...".
    If you think the ad is bad, stay away from the show; it's an atrocity.

The EBS ad "I'm saving for"

"eh I'm saving to come visit Anna here"
    Anna with her big smug face wrecks my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The new Oreo ad with that horrible little girl 'teaching' her Dad how to eat them is hideously annoying. I wish companies would stop using these little brats in their ads, it's not cute.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Most annoying ad at the moment has to be that badly dubbed car one with the tool screeching along to the cranberries and being embarrased when father in law spots him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

darkdubh wrote: »
    Most annoying ad at the moment has to be that badly dubbed car one with the tool screeching along to the cranberries and being embarrased when father in law spots him.

Renault advertising

here it is in ..... Aaaaaamerican!

Elmo wrote: »
    Renault advertising

here it is in ..... Aaaaaamerican!

The last line of that should have been: "At least your daughter is a demon in the sack"

(censored version)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

compare the market advert

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

go compare adverts. those need to be stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Diving Board

Just for you :p

Dont know what there ads are doing in this thread...Reg Holdsworth is a total legend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

It's like her tongue is glued to the top of her mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I know it's not a TV ad but it enrages me so much, I must vent somewhere! Those ads for Bravo on the sides of Dublin buses with some overly-made-up chick in a stupid pose and an awful pun like "Call Ciara and she'll shoot you to the stars!" (Girl is pointing her finger, looking uncomfortable, obviously painfully aware of how cringey the ads are.) The ironing of adverts for an advertising company being so bad....are they responsible for their own campaign?! (That's one for Philosoraptor!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

This is a radio ad, but the new Burger King ads featuring Jedward, "Hey John what day is it, Hey Edward its Wednesday, Thursday..." shut TF up ye muppets, I HATE IT!!!!! AAARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I absolutely hate that ad for the Sunday edition of the Sun (lads we all know it's the relaunch of the News of the World - nobody's fooled).

But the ad is so awful... it tugs at the heartstrings (sure who isn't moved by a plucky little orphan girl singing of hope?) and you're thinking it's got to be for something nice, like a cancer charity, but then you get hit with the fact that it's advertising Murdoch's new rag.

And the implementation is horrible for anyone with a musical ear. Everyone is singing in a different key, so it changes from one shot to the next, so you can't even enjoy the song.

Awful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Money Supermarket where the douchebag saved loads of money and the other one where the family is going on holidays treated like kings cos they booked 'all in'...

I was really freaked out as a father of a toddler by this advert for life insurance where the family is packing for their holidays and the dad is standing there with them and they are happy they have the money to go - then at the end one of the kids says ''it's not the same without dad'' and you realise he's like a ghost or something... really freaked me out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

psychward wrote: »
    I was really freaked out as a father of a toddler by this advert for life insurance where the family is packing for their holidays and the dad is standing there with them and they are happy they have the money to go - then at the end one of the kids says ''it's not the same without dad'' and you realise he's like a ghost or something... really freaked me out.

Those ads are horrendous. Or that one with the youngfella starting college and the mother having a little cry with him while he reads the "good luck" letter from the father. Horrible, horrible ads! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement