Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

As well as giving away cash for gold down in the Glossy Tracksuit Centre, Thomas Gear also holds the distinction of having the most, despicable, irritating, unconvincing, put-on accent south of Svalbard.

I've never met him, but based on that ad alone, I wouldn't trust him as far as I'd throw him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

The new SuperValu ad.

"Say hello to the new Supervalu range..... with a turd off."

:rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

Pretty much every National Lottery advert especially those ones about what you'd do to win a few million.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Walkers what that flavour?

Everthing about it, everyone in it, the music, the logo, the product, the "famous" people mixed with the ordinary ones, everything to do with this ad annoies me. But mainly the ad is ****. The granny is even annoying.

I hate it so much I must provide a link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

It's like her tongue is glued to the top of her mouth.

i dispise the way she says signature sanwiches
    psychward wrote: »
    I was really freaked out as a father of a toddler by this advert for life insurance where the family is packing for their holidays and the dad is standing there with them and they are happy they have the money to go - then at the end one of the kids says ''it's not the same without dad'' and you realise he's like a ghost or something... really freaked me out.

isnt that paul whitehouse as the ghost?

• Advertisement

jpcarlow wrote: »

No its an Irish ad, for Irish Life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Elmo wrote: »
    No its an Irish ad, for Irish Life.

No it is Paul Whitehouse so not an Irish one and its an advert for aviva........I think:P.

jimmyw wrote: »
    No it is Paul Whitehouse so not an Irish one and its an advert for aviva........I think:P.

voila

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

There's an ad for some bed shop with a crudely animated CGI dog singing about how he does be "banjaxed" in the morning, but after getting a new bed "he sleeps like a log" even though he is " an old dog". Very "wtf", like something the folks at Pixar would sh1te out if they were on a particularly tight budget. It's kinda charming in its crappiness though.

Acacia wrote: »
    There's an ad for some bed shop with a crudely animated CGI dog singing about how he does be "banjaxed" in the morning, but after getting a new bed "he sleeps like a log" even though he is " an old dog". Very "wtf", like something the folks at Pixar would sh1te out if they were on a particularly tight budget. It's kinda charming in its crappiness though.
    beds etc i believe it is and it is woeful and an absolute b@stardisation of the blues :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

beds etc i believe it is and it is woeful and an absolute b@stardisation of the blues :/

Is it an actual song that they ruined? For shame.

There must have been some good smoke going around when they pitched the ad at the board meeting-

"So there's a dog that's , like really tired, so he gets a new bed and he's totally not tired anymore. And he sings!"

"Sounds cool, man." :D

Acacia wrote: »
    Is it an actual song that they ruined? For shame.

There must have been some good smoke going around when they pitched the ad at the board meeting-

"So there's a dog that's , like really tired, so he gets a new bed and he's totally not tired anymore. And he sings!"

"Sounds cool, man." :D
    not so much an actual song but more so a standard blues riff and progression

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

That blasted ad for advance hair loss tim-ah-mah-gig with the aussie/new Zealand tossers, oh ....................................................jeez.I hate it ..I hate it.. I hate it:mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Yeah I think so and that's what made it even more startling . When you see a comedian such as him you enter an expectation of lighthearted fooling around. Instead his contribution leaves you with the opposite emotion but with no warning.

Yeah I think so and that's what made it even more startling . When you see a comedian such as him you enter an expectation of lighthearted fooling around. Instead his contribution leaves you with the opposite emotion but with no warning.

So it is an effective ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

CGI Andrex puppies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Elmo wrote: »
    So it is an effective ad?

It could be.

It could be.
    though because its whitehouse i find it more difficult to take it serious

waiting for the never-coming punchline if you will

though because its whitehouse i find it more difficult to take it serious

waiting for the never-coming punchline if you will

But death is the ultimate punchline

Sometimes we forget all the bad ads we've mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

Slightly off topic but this advert should be on be on tv! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 UnklePhil

Miss Nell wrote: »
    I hate that Lenor Infusions ad with yer wan with d broken leg. Ungrateful cow d way she throws her eyes to heaven when d kids bring her stuff to cheer her up....I wanna punch her :mad:

Plus, I hate any ads bout crusty toenails!

Lol! agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

That irish pride radio ad... :mad:

Hi :D

I'm Cassie Da Paiva. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I have a query about one of those current eircom broadband ads.The one where the kid(not sure if its a boy or girl) is saying I'm bunkin, off to a festival.I'm half convinced it's that young Roma lad who was singing an AC/DC song in the first series of the all Ireland talent show.Anyone else think this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The sofa ads on before coronation street are awful and really weird.
    Are the two annoying women having an affair right under the husbands nose?
    and why do they take such a perverse pleasure in treating him like sh#t all the time. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Kumejima

The Velvet ads about trees, and how many more we'd have if we all bought their toilet roll. Good idea, all for it etc.
    So why do they have the world's wettest man doing the voice over?
    I almost expect him to apologise for being born, having a penis, wanting to have sex with women.... the sort of guy who ends up totally walked over by his guardian reading, humourless feminist, sex withholding wife/partner
    Dude seriously needs to man the f up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Kumejima wrote: »
    So why do they have the world's wettest man doing the voice over?

Who is it doing the voiceover?

hating that ad with the two guys who change their bar to Trappatony's Bar.... especially that smug fooker

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

That American ad. For liberty insurance.

:mad:

• Advertisement

amdublin wrote: »
    That American ad. For liberty insurance.

:mad:

Hello :D

We're Liberty Insurance :D

Hi :D

I'm Cassie Da Pavia :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement