Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

"Helllo Ireland, we're liberty insurance...."

Hello liberty insurance, I'm Ireland, fcuk off.

most sanctimonious ad I've ever heard...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

amdublin wrote: »
    That American ad. For liberty insurance.

:mad:
    God yes.There are so many annoying things about that ad but the fella ballet dancing at the traffic lights,wtf?

darkdubh wrote: »
    God yes.There are so many annoying things about that ad but the fella ballet dancing at the traffic lights,wtf?

the guy on the radio is worse - smarmy old american guy voice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Your phone package will turn you into:

(a) an American
    (b) a Slut
    (c) a Lesbian

Really wtf ????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

The Guardian ad with the pigs and the wolf.
    Seriously WTF????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Lynx Youtube ad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Your phone package will turn you into:

(a) an American
    (b) a Slut
    (c) a Lesbian

Really wtf ????

48 will also give you a horses' head boss

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

psychward wrote: »
    48 will also give you a horses' head boss

The fact that 48 are just O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

Carlsberg Euro 2012 ticket ads featuring fashionably dressed hipster actors who look more like bandwagoners then die-hard fans.

"I would sing the Fields of Athenry in Polish..."

Wow, what commitment... somebody give that guy a ticket!

Didn't Carlsberg used to make good Ads?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

What makes marketers think that having someone snoring loudly on the radio is effective?

Eircom fûck off with all your stupid pathetic irritating ads!!! :mad:

• Advertisement

Mikosyko wrote: »

Eircom fûck off with all your stupid pathetic irritating ads!!! :mad:

Everyone involved in Eircon advertising should burn in hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

"I'm going to do a pooh at Paul's" :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,047 ✭✭✭squonk

That Eircom ad with the daughter stroppily moaning that the broadband has gone down 'againnnn'. She sounds like she's involved in mission critical work for NASA keeping a satelite airborne. Jebus! I'd tell her if she wants to go on with that attitude she can pay for her own broadband and I'd let her off to Brad in ABQ just to get her out of the house and have some peace. Stroppy little bitch. Eircom ads are ****e!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Issss baaarrrkkk naaaaturaaall or unnnnnnaaaaaturaaaaal?

Ammmmm iiiiii juuusssst naaaaturaaallyyyy annnnnoying or hamming it up for the ham ad? (geddit :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Issss baaarrrkkk naaaaturaaall or unnnnnnaaaaaturaaaaal?

Ammmmm iiiiii juuusssst naaaaturaaallyyyy annnnnoying or hamming it up for the ham ad? (geddit :D)
    put it on the natural table

has the teacher verified that the table was natural? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

That American ad. For liberty insurance.

Reminds me of the old StatOil advert with Sven, Anders or whatever his name was. Think it turned out he was actually American?

The spec Savers ad, where the couple are throwing stones into the water, and the girl throws the engagement ring in.

A. The bloke looks like a complete moron and really annoys me.
    B. The girl deserves to be thrown into the lake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    The spec Savers ad, where the couple are throwing stones into the water, and the girl throws the engagement ring in.

A. The bloke looks like a complete moron and really annoys me.
    B. The girl deserves to be thrown into the lake

Yeah its a pathetic ad, with that Muppet fella saying nothing and his mouth open catching flies:rolleyes:.They seem like a pair of kids.Could the makers come up with something a bit better

I am not so sure about the girl though, she is a bit cute:p

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Always. Have a happy period..

Seriously who thought that gem up, how patronising and unrealistic. What planet do advertising people live on?

Have a delightful Migraine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Not a Star Wars fan but how people with Marketing degrees are allowed to lazyily suggest pimping Darth Vader out to PC World and Yoda to Vodafone is crazy. It makes me hate those companies even more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Robocop2010

Lapin wrote: »
    As well as giving away cash for gold down in the Glossy Tracksuit Centre, Thomas Gear also holds the distinction of having the most, despicable, irritating, unconvincing, put-on accent south of Svalbard.

I've never met him, but based on that ad alone, I wouldn't trust him as far as I'd throw him.

I have been shopping in Thomas Gear Jewellers recently and bought my Finacee's engagement ring here, I was so glad to get that old school service you don't get in some of the shops on Henry street and beyond. The girls were so eager to help, I hadnt a clue about diamond rings, never mind engagement rings. And to boot I met Thomas Gear himself, he sounds exactly like off the ad lol but such a genuine man and very friendly.

Cheers,
    Rob.

Lapin wrote: »
    As well as giving away cash for gold down in the Glossy Tracksuit Centre, Thomas Gear also holds the distinction of having the most, despicable, irritating, unconvincing, put-on accent south of Svalbard.

I've never met him, but based on that ad alone, I wouldn't trust him as far as I'd throw him.

I have been shopping in Thomas Gear Jewellers recently and bought my Finacee's engagement ring here, I was so glad to get that old school service you don't get in some of the shops on Henry street and beyond. The girls were so eager to help, I hadnt a clue about diamond rings, never mind engagement rings. And to boot I met Thomas Gear himself, he sounds exactly like off the ad lol but such a genuine man and very friendly.

Cheers,
    Rob.
    It's adverts you despise., not how nice you find the guy!!!!!

Cheers,
    Rob.

Nice post Thomas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

There's an ad on at the moment (I can't remember what it's for, but it's something to do with children) which features loads of kids running round, and singing "We don't want to get in line!" over and over on the soundtrack.

Well I'm sorry if you don't want to get in line, but you're children, so do what you're bloody told!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dylanbytwo

yep......:mad:i want to be a mcvities digestive....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭robvondoom

Every last one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Attention Women:

Buy stuff so your children will be safe. Stop putting the little babies at risk with your negligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

The new Heineken ad is pretty rubbish. Saw it last night. Just some guys on a train for 30 hours or something travelling through Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

The new Heineken ad is pretty rubbish. Saw it last night. Just some guys on a train for 30 hours or something travelling through Europe
    That's a long ad. :) Not in the same league as the old Guinness ads.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Is it just me or does he shout "what the f#ck" at the potboy who lifts his glass at the end?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement