Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Is it just me or does he shout "what the f#ck" at the potboy who lifts his glass at the end?

Yeah it looked like he was about to flip out on the guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Yeah it looked like he was about to flip out on the guy

Should have left that bit out. Looks like a guy who's been on a two day bender having a go at some poor glass collector. Bad move by Heineken.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That insurance ad, National Accident Helpline, with Underdog in it. That little dog's voice is so annoying and he's such a smarmy little **** that I hope he has good insurance because he'll need it by the time I'm finished with him!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,047 ✭✭✭squonk

bohsboy wrote: »
    Should have left that bit out. Looks like a guy who's been on a two day bender having a go at some poor glass collector. Bad move by Heineken.

The ad makes no sense anyway! I haven't seen it til now but all it says to me is that Heineken drinkers are too thick to get off a train they accidentally got stuck on at the next stop and just a bunch of rowdy C U Next Tuesdays in general judging by the scene at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Is it just me or does he shout "what the f#ck" at the potboy who lifts his glass at the end?

Just before he gets on the train he makes some gesture holding two fingers an inch apart from each other and then rolls his eyes in frustration. It looks like he is saying to the bird : ''Sorry I just remembered that I have a very small penis and will now run away from you by boarding this train'' then he hops on. That interpretation actually could actually make sense. Look at the first few seconds of the video. I swear what else could he be saying ???? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

All ads suck but I fking HATE those allianz ads. I feel like throwing a rock at the TV every time someone says "my advice:", I'm not asking for your fking advice I'm trying to watch tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

psychward wrote: »
    Just before he gets on the train he makes some gesture holding two fingers an inch apart from each other and then rolls his eyes in frustration. It looks like he is saying to the bird : ''Sorry I just remembered that I have a very small penis and will now run away from you by boarding this train'' then he hops on. That interpretation actually could actually make sense. Look at the first few seconds of the video. I swear what else could he be saying ???? :D

Heineken: how to start a pub brawl

Ah look he took my drink I will be right back then he tells how he got stuck on an express train to moscow and then it happens again and at the very end of the ad he start a pub brawl because of the same problem he had in Paris :rolleyes:
    I feel like throwing a rock at the TV every time someone says "my advice:", I'm not asking for your fking advice I'm trying to watch tv.

Particularly Clodagh who tells us how she crashed into someone and advises we slow down :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I've just seen the Heineken advert and I agree with all the previous posters.
    It really does look like he's swearing at the guy who takes his glass.
    Plus if they're at the station having a drink how come the bar man takes the glass onto the train ???
    Not a great advert at all, and the guy looks like he has anger issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

And the song.... :mad:

Didn't know you cross the Alps to go to Russia from France? :confused:
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

the shampoo ad. The one with the guy running for the bus with the football commentary!!

Holy **** that ad annoys the crap outta me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

someone should tell those peddlers of cheap tat, aka Beds Etc that computer graphics have moved on since Dire Straits 'Money for Nothing' music video.

bedsetc.jpg

This Carlsberg Green Army advert where they change the name of the bar to Trappatonis and dress up in Green costumes like 5 year olds on Halloween. Then theres the cringe inducing moment where they make a ''cheers'' with constipated faces and the even more cringe inducing fake constipated enthusiasm at some goal. I hate this advert and YouTube can't find it for me but why the hell would I want to even see it again anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

someone should tell those peddlers of cheap tat, aka Beds Etc that computer graphics have moved on since Dire Straits 'Money for Nothing' music video.

LOL

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

O2 Rugby advert. Too middle class for its own good & it isn't even clear what the advert is for until the last image. No effort is made to tie the product to the sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Anyone heard the new manhattan popcorn ad on the radio? It really grinds my gears!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sk8rgirl

I saw Thomas Gear from the Thomas Gear jewellery ad last weekend. He was nowhere near the Illac centre, but seemed as creepy in real life as he is in the weird ad he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

bedsetc.jpg

And the voiceover is absolutely terrible. Basically a Dub putting on a bad American accent. He even says "beds ekcetra". :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

The culchie-fest that is the SuperValu ads asking us to "say hello" to their cheap teabags and bogroll and spuds. Jesus, I hate those ads. :mad:

I've probably mentioned it already here. :p

Also, the Mace ads with mutton-head Brendan O'Connor is back, I see. :(

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    The culchie-fest that is the SuperValu ads asking us to "say hello" to their cheap teabags and bogroll and spuds. Jesus, I hate those ads. :mad:(

But the Dublin accents are alright. :rolleyes:

On Mase and SuperValu

I have a great Idea (no you don't)

I'd say Meave is some bitch of a manager

And the coolest looking deli staff member in the history of deli ads. :mad:

Also, the Mace ads with mutton-head Brendan O'Connor is back, I see. :(

Listen carefully to anything that tool advises concerning money and do the opposite. Sorry Mace, I'm going to Spar now . Brendan ''The Ballsy Guys are buying property'' O'Connor influenced me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Those 48 ads are toe-curlingly bad.
    Voiceover with faux-american accent betraying what i can only infer is inferiority about the Irish accent. Check.
    "Edgy" and "unexpected" lesbian-chic. Jesus wept. Is it 2006 already. Check.
    I'm left wondering if the lameness/embarrassment is part of their marketing strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Elmo wrote: »
    But the Dublin accents are alright. :rolleyes:

On Mase and SuperValu

I have a great Idea (no you don't)

I'd say Meave is some bitch of a manager

And the coolest looking deli staff member in the history of deli ads. :mad:

Didn't hear any Dublin accents on the ads and I think there's only a few Super Valu stores in Dublin. It's similar to Supermacs- big down the country but no presence in Dublin. ;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Your phone package will turn you into:

(a) an American
    (b) a Slut
    (c) a Lesbian

Really wtf ????

I see this is done, sorry.
    But just to reiterate, possibly the worst ad i've ever seen. Getting angry just thinking about it. :pac:

Didn't hear any Dublin accents on the ads and I think there's only a few Super Valu stores in Dublin. It's similar to Supermacs- big down the country but no presence in Dublin. ;)

One girl in the ad advise people to check out something, she has a dub accent, and I think their is one guy.

Suppose its like SuperQuinn, which is Dublins supervalu ;)
    Voiceover with faux-american accent betraying what i can only infer is inferiority about the Irish accent. Check.

Yep can't beat it!

I see this is done, sorry.
    But just to reiterate, possibly the worst ad i've ever seen. Getting angry just thinking about it. :pac:

Your phone package will turn you into:

(d) Paris Hilton

Has anyone seen those AXA adverts on television recently. Most of them don't have a man in sight. They interview women who are quoting other women. Typical of insurance industry sexism.
    The culchie-fest that is the SuperValu ads asking us to "say hello" to their cheap teabags and bogroll and spuds. Jesus, I hate those ads. :mad:
    Aye. Their most recent ad was done in Garvey's Listowel. I know because my mam works in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭DaveyCakes

The new Heineken ad is pretty rubbish. Saw it last night. Just some guys on a train for 30 hours or something travelling through Europe

Remarkable foresight on his part to have a Russian visa arranged on the off chance that he would wind up on the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

eircom family .
    i honestly dont know anyone with a au pair :eek:
    why do they get actors/actresses who have eaten the whole of the "dort" dictionary .
    that smartarse "jim" fella , all i ever got when ringing eircom was some snotty ould ballbag from the bog who would sell you her kidney quicker than she'd help you...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

denlaw wrote: »
    why do they get actors/actresses who have eaten the whole of the "dort" dictionary .

That young wan complaining about having to go to Albuquerque to see Brett - or as she says, "Brat" (which incidentally is what she is... if she spoke to me like that she'd be grounded (or graynded) for a month).

• Advertisement

denlaw wrote: »
    eircom family .
    i honestly dont know anyone with a au pair :eek:
    that smartarse "jim" fella , all i ever got when ringing eircom was some snotty ould ballbag from the bog who would sell you her kidney quicker than she'd help you...:mad:

No Offence but.....

Terrible to say but that f.....y might be the w...t l.....g f.....y in the h......y of TV ads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement