Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

denlaw wrote: »
    eircom family .
    i honestly dont know anyone with a au pair :eek:
    why do they get actors/actresses who have eaten the whole of the "dort" dictionary .
    that smartarse "jim" fella , all i ever got when ringing eircom was some snotty ould ballbag from the bog who would sell you her kidney quicker than she'd help you...:mad:

All I can say is burn in hell ''Jim'' you lying prick. If 8 Mb down a crappy copper phone cable is Next Generation Broadband then my name is Buck Rogers and I am posting on this 25 Meg UPC line from the 25th century.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭marketty

Pervy butter fetish voice on today fm advertising dairygold he sounds like he's buttering carrots and spuds and pushing them up his hoop

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

This.

Some mad weird Welsh accent on that ad ????

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

Elmo wrote: »
    No Offence but.....

Terrible to say but that f.....y might be the w...t l.....g f.....y in the h......y of TV ads.
    er...what:D

• Advertisement

denlaw wrote: »
    er...what:D

It is so bad I had to censor myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

That new AIB ad with this wan saying "we're pregnant".Then ****eing on about her hubby when suddenly it cuts to this old lad on about something else..When I saw it I thought for a split second he was the husband and I thought WTF bit of an age gap there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

Is bark natural or unnatural?

Look what I put my hair through....Monday it's straight, Wednesday it's curly...

Jaysus Liv, me heart is breaking for ya. Is there a helpline I can call to donate to your horrific plight?The chilling images of you being beautified by a team of stylists haunt my every waking minute.....

P&G...proud sponsor of Mums. Really? Haven't received me cheque yet but looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Bunch of pretentious twats. Wish I had been in charge of packing their parachutes for them ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Ferrakins

justryan wrote: »
    Anyone heard the new manhattan popcorn ad on the radio? It really grinds my gears!!!

I don't like that ad either, so fake. It would make me deliberately avoid Manhattan. A pack of popcorn and a soft drink me hole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

What annoys me most is the amazement in your mans voice "Shooting video and trying to find the perfect photo at the same time".

Do people not realise that video is just a series of photo's in a sequence? If you are shooting video, just pick your photo from the thousands of choices when its done.

Stupid ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

That fat dancing f*ckster on the yorkshire broadband ads

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

McSpud wrote: »

O2 Rugby advert. Too middle class for its own good & it isn't even clear what the advert is for until the last image. No effort is made to tie the product to the sport.

What's wrong with middle class? Would you prefer if it was some "salt-of-the-earth" inner city kids giving the lads lip as they threw the ball around?

Quality ad IMO, most people I know have genuine affection for the rugby team and it translates well in this ad.

Good song too.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

mossyc123 wrote: »
    What's wrong with middle class? Would you prefer if it was some "salt-of-the-earth" inner city kids giving the lads lip as they threw the ball around?

Quality ad IMO, most people I know have genuine affection for the rugby team and it translates well in this ad.

Good song too.

That laugh is really annoying though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

They stopped showing that ad two months ago, lads. ;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Cheesestrings

They should really ban those ads

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Red Bull, **** off with your crap animation and horrible voice overs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

can't find a video for it, and i dont despise it, but it was bloody hilarious.

The new one on TV3 for Prosta Check...a self prostate examination machine thingy.

Highlight is the slogan.

Pull the finger out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

AIB

"like a good Connemara man I went down on one knee and popped the question"

What a plonker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 sk8rgirl

The Dubliner cheese ad on at the moment has to be the worst ad ever. Makes me never want to eat cheese again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sk8rgirl

My faith in cheese ads has been restored after watching the new Kilmeaden ad. It helps that the Dad looks a lot like Jon Hamm!. Yummy! Hamm and cheese :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72,531 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Do you have the 'Go Compare' ads over in Ireland?

if so,

/thread

Do you have the 'Go Compare' ads over in Ireland?

if so,

/thread

We get them on GOLD and other UK digital Channels on Sky and UPC, but they aren't aim at us.

But we see your Go Compare Ads and Raise you 1890 22 22 22

• Registered Users Posts: 72,531 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Elmo wrote: »
    We get them on GOLD and other UK digital Channels on Sky and UPC, but they aren't aim at us.

But we see your Go Compare Ads and Raise you 1890 22 22 22

*Re-opens thread*

I saw that tew-tew-tew ad when I was over recently, thought it was ok first time, then they showed it twice :mad::mad:, three times :mad::mad::mad:, even FOUR times an ad break:mad::mad::mad::mad:!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

I'm so excited camel...

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Ernest

That stupid one featuring a bespectacled plasticine woman sitting at a desk with earphones. The radio version of this with the breathless spinster voice ran for many years (or seemed to anyway) and was mildly amusing AT FIRST.

The television version is crude, unsophisticated and unfunny and I am not even sure what it is advertising. Some kind of car insurance like the radio advert?
    I don't know - I switch it off immediately see it coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

marketty wrote: »
    Pervy butter fetish voice on today fm advertising dairygold he sounds like he's buttering carrots and spuds and pushing them up his hoop

Thanks for ruining my monitor!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

The McDonald's ad (the one with Eamon Dunphy) where a chap with a pig farmer accent talks about buying an antique radio for "tuurty grand".

:mad::rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I hate the new Tesco ad where the guy sticks a few fish fingers and ketchup between two slices of white bread.

It just looks so disgusting!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement